Is it still women and children first?

would men still give their lives up for women and children

Children yes, but not wimmin (or is it womyn these days).

Don't you realize that it would be sexist and patronizing, perpetuating the outdated patriarchal phallocratic paradigm.

By not giving up my seat in a lifeboat to a woman I avoid insulting her with my misogynistic ways. She will drown a happy, liberated woman.

Sorry ladies but you wanted equality, you got it.

I'm female and I don't agree with the women bit of 'women & children' before others.

I would give up my place to a child or an elderly person. Or at least I'd like to think I would. A cruise is my idea of torture so you wouldn't catch me on one in the first place!

Your family wouldn't thank you for it. I don't see the point of a young person giving up their lives for a coffin dodger either. This is one of the few reasons I'd do the honourable thing....

Children yes, but not wimmin (or is it womyn these days).

Don't you realize that it would be sexist and patronizing, perpetuating the outdated patriarchal phallocratic paradigm.

By not giving up my seat in a lifeboat to a woman I avoid insulting her with my misogynistic ways. She will drown a happy, liberated woman.

Sorry ladies but you wanted equality, you got it.

I'd let a woman drown. But, funnily enough, would feel uncomfortable about not daring offer one a seat on the bus...:hihi:

One man can father an entire tribe in a year, but one woman can only be pregnant once at any given time.

That is why, traditionally, it was men who went to war and why it was more important to preserve the lives of women than of men. In today's modern world it's not really a relevant factor - almost nothing remains that can inflict serious danger to the survival of a nation as a whole - but the chivalry that grew out of that necessity, still remains.

When all the men go to war I will make the ultimate sacrifice and offer to stay behind, I know it will be an hard job to repopulation the nation, but someone as to it and I can't imagine there will be many men ready to offer their services.:)

Archived