Is it still women and children first?

I don't think "you women wanted equality so now you got it" justifies grown men pushing women out of the way to get on the lifeboats, the thought terrifies and disgusts me to be honest..

Physically, males are stronger and more able-bodied than women. Obviously there are always going to be exceptions to the rule but generally, that's how we are made. I imagine it's because in most species, males have to fight between themselves for the females etc etc

So how can it be justified, for example, if I was on that ship (I weigh 7.5 stone and am 5ft) that a 6ft grown 15 stone male pushes me out of the way to get onto the lifeboat first? It's then not a question of equality, it's a matter of physical strength. Equality is about women having the same opportunities as men and not being discriminated against because of their sex. It's got nothing to do with this. So for that reason yes, I do think women and children should be given some extra thought.

Men are more likely to be stronger swimmers etc etc due to their physical strength so I think that should also be taken into account.

I don't think "you women wanted equality so now you got it" justifies grown men pushing women out of the way to get on the lifeboats, the thought terrifies and disgusts me to be honest..

Physically, males are stronger and more able-bodied than women. Obviously there are always going to be exceptions to the rule but generally, that's how we are made. I imagine it's because in most species, males have to fight between themselves for the females etc etc

So how can it be justified, for example, if I was on that ship (I weigh 7.5 stone and am 5ft) that a 6ft grown 15 stone male pushes me out of the way to get onto the lifeboat first? It's then not a question of equality, it's a matter of physical strength. Equality is about women having the same opportunities as men and not being discriminated against because of their sex. It's got nothing to do with this. So for that reason yes, I do think women and children should be given some extra thought.

Men are more likely to be stronger swimmers etc etc due to their physical strength so I think that should also be taken into account.

I would much prefer you to drown than me.

Eee-up!

Hold on a second..

Kate Whinslett lasted longer in the water than poor old Di-Caprio,in the Titanic.

And you women carry more fat,so in my book it's kids,disabled,oaps and then men. You women can float and your fat reserves will keep ya alive

So how can it be justified, for example, if I was on that ship (I weigh 7.5 stone and am 5ft) that a 6ft grown 15 stone male pushes me out of the way to get onto the lifeboat first? It's then not a question of equality, it's a matter of physical strength.

If it is not to be a question of equality, then it certainly isn't a matter of physical strength. How long you'd survive in the water is a question of resilience, and women have far more of that than do men. By your arguments, men should be allowed to go first.

In practice, nobody is arguing that men should go first, just that people should get on in whatever order they happen to arrive, since that's quicker than trying to organise a queue on any other basis.

Every natural instinct is to preserve the species. That's best done by saving the women and children first, since very few men are needed to repopulate.

To save your own family and offspring so that your genes can continue yes, not to save people you have no connection with. It doesn't make any sense.

I honestly don't believe it actually happened. It goes against every natural instinct.

It does not go against a mans instinct to be brave.

Men are brave, and when well led, as those men were, will face anything.

Are you suggesting to me that you run about like a screaming fool if confronted with a simalar situation?

Of course you wouldnt.

When you are a man, among men, you think differently.

Under the same circumstances as those men, you would be brave, dont worry about that.

Our soldiers in Afghanistan are proof of that.

Archived