Is it still women and children first?

It does not go against a mans instinct to be brave.

Men are brave, and when well led, as those men were, will face anything.

Are you suggesting to me that you run about like a screaming fool if confronted with a simalar situation?

Of course you wouldnt.

When you are a man, among men, you think differently.

Under the same circumstances as those men, you would be brave, dont worry about that.

Our soldiers in Afghanistan are proof of that.

My priorities would be me and my own family. Giving up your own life for people you have no connection with isn't brave, it's utterly idiotic.

My priorities would be me and my own family. Giving up your own life for people you have no connection with isn't brave, it's utterly idiotic.

I feel sorry for you, and you have my sympathy.

I do not feel you are a coward in any sense, having the 'bravery' to talk like that.

Remember, you live in a society, and it is that society that counts.

I feel sorry for you, and you have my sympathy.

I do not feel you are a coward in any sense, having the 'bravery' to talk like that.

Remember, you live in a society, and it is that society that counts.

What's there to feel sorry about?

Me and my own family are more important to me than you and your family. I don't see what's so wrong about that. Can you explain?

But fair enough you think that it's better to save the life of someone you have no connection with over your own and let your own family suffer the loss of their own over the loss of someone they don't know...

Me and my own family are more important to me than you and your family. I don't see what's so wrong about that. Can you explain?

But fair enough you think that it's better to save the life of someone you have no connection with over your own and let your own family suffer the loss of their own over the loss of someone they don't know...

Yes OK then, carry on.

If you want to live some stone age hermit be my guest.

He already did explain. So did I. You've chosen to disregard the explanation.

I don't see any explanation. Kindly point me in the direction of the post where it explains why it's wrong for me to care more about me and my own family over other people and their families...

My family are more important to me that myself and I dare say it that your family (excluding yourself, if your a man) would be more important to me also. I would not wish not live knowing I had seen children die, I'd try and do everything that I had in my power to save them, even if it meant risking my own life to do it.

Maybe its just me but I figure that children are innocent and not able to have full control over what happens in the world in the same sense that an adult does, therefore it is up to adults to secure their future regardless.

I would like to think that anyone of you would do the same for any of my children so as the saying goes 'do unto others'.

I hate adverts for starving kids in the world purely because I am not in a position to help them in the way I know would make a difference. I have in times of disaster given all the disposable income I had knowing that it is a drop in a very big ocean.

I can honestly say I think I could be strong enough to convince my family I would be ok to get them into a life boat without me while all along knowing I probably would not.

If you don't think like that then what have you got inside ?

If what you are saying is if it was someone else's kids or my own getting into the boat then there is no argument or discussion because the answer would be obvious.

I would help best i could but wouldn't throw my life away. Compensation bla bla bla has now started. Some people may have been traumatised but others were never really in danger as it is so close to land and couldnt sink any further. £100,000 each what an absolute joke. Life throws up such events but money, money money is all that matters to people.

Archived