It just gets worse for Miliband as GMB considers withdrawing support.

Just when Ed thought it couldn't get any worse. It did.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jan/17/union-rebellion-ed-miliband-grows?newsfeed=true

GMB to consider affiliation with Labour over public sector pay stance, while PCS says policy will cost the party the election

GMB chief Paul Kenny says Ed Miliband's backing of a 1% public sector pay cap could have a profound impact on the union’s relationship with Labour.

Britain's third largest trade union has raised the spectre of disafilliation from the Labour party as the backlash against Ed Miliband grows

Just when Ed thought it couldn't get any worse. It did.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jan/17/union-rebellion-ed-miliband-grows?newsfeed=true

GMB to consider affiliation with Labour over public sector pay stance, while PCS says policy will cost the party the election

GMB chief Paul Kenny says Ed Miliband's backing of a 1% public sector pay cap could have a profound impact on the union’s relationship with Labour.

Britain's third largest trade union has raised the spectre of disafilliation from the Labour party as the backlash against Ed Miliband grows

Perhaps Milliband planned it that way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/miliband-under-pressure-to-loosen-links-with-unions-6283813.html

All I know is that 'Big Ed' inspires me with no confidence at all. I'd kinda put him on a par with the ill-fated Michael Foot.

Why do the failed / failing labour leaders have silly names?

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I'm definitely not a tory!!!!!

I feel sorry for the sensible members of the shadow cabinet over this. They do something sensible for a change and the union buffoons turn on them like a badly trained guard dog.

It puts Milliband in a difficult position. If he bows to union pressure he looks weak and is seem as being in the union's pockets. If he doesn't he just looks weak because that's what he looked like before & won't have the finances to fight a campaign.

Like I said on the other thread, when things get tight people start to cut back, and I reckon their union membership could be one of them.

I've always got time for people who admit they're wrong or make a change of mind or opinion based on the facts or overwhelming majority. This country couldn't have spoke any louder when we all said this Milliband was the wrong choice, but the voice of the country was ignored.

And that sums up Labour and the unions - bloody mindedness in perfect harmony.

i cant see the unions leaving labour though as much as i despise labour who are the unions going to fund to keep any sort of power ? , the lib dems ? no chance, the conservatives ? below zero chance, the greens ? what would be the point.

it sounds like a threat, but i dont think even labour are that stupid, although theyve proved me wrong on many occasions

Archived