Anniversary, Where to eat?

atat

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are celebrating our first anniversary together this Thursday, and are looking for somewhere to eat. We live Kelham island side of town, so walking into the city center is ideal, but not compulsary.

He can't eat anything spicy, but other than that we are pretty open to choices, as long as its not too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Milestone was the first place that came to mind given your location, but would that feel like "going out" if it's on the doorstep?

Wig and Pen is supposedly nice - I haven't ate there myself. I see you are wanting to avoid "expensive" but that's a very subjective thing. I'm guessing you are looking at chain restaurant prices at a maximum - there's things like Zizzi in Leopold Square that might fit the bill. London Road is full of cheap eats - that may be something you'd enjoy? Zeugma or Noodle Inn (or is that too spicy for him?).

I think your boyfriend may be able to eat spicy but prefers not to - which is fair enough if he hasn't yet acquired a taste for it. I didn't like it either till I was in my mid 20's and kidnapped by a foreign family and force fed.

umm... no he really cant eat food with spices in. It has an 'adverse' reaction shall we say..We haven't exactly pinpointed which spice, so try to avoid them all.

I like the look of Noodle Inn, but will investigate them all propperly later. Your suggestions of Leopold square have also brought to mind that there's usually a voucher online for some of the places in there, so I'll have a look at that too.

umm... no he really cant eat food with spices in. It has an 'adverse' reaction shall we say..We haven't exactly pinpointed which spice, so try to avoid them all.

I like the look of Noodle Inn, but will investigate them all propperly later. Your suggestions of Leopold square have also brought to mind that there's usually a voucher online for some of the places in there, so I'll have a look at that too.

We've had a meal at Zeugma since we had a few people with various and odd allergies, they were able to accommodate us all without sacrificing the taste of the food. It wasnt spicy (my tummy doesnt like spicy food either) and really nice.

Archived