Charity ad, "give £2 per month"

Just seen this charity advert on tv asking for £2 a month, according to the ad 22000 children every day die from drinking dirty water.

So lets assume that we all pay up our £2 and prevent all these deaths, according to my calculator that amounts to over 8,000,000 more mouths to feed every year.

Your thoughts?

What?!?

So if, say 20 of those children per day were here in the UK would you still ask the question?

You are basically asking if saving those children will create a bigger problem because of the increase in the worlds population in predominately poorer countries?

Who was the advert sponsored by?

The figure quoted is actually a global figure of children under 5 that die, daily, from preventable causes. Only one of those causes is contaminated water.

While it doesn't change the main point of your original post, I am curious to learn if the advert got it wrong or you misunderstood it?

We are never going to get rid of world poverty because capitalism doesn't cater for sharing wealth evenly.

But the countries with these starving children with no clean water aren’t capitalists, they have their own system and it is their system that is at fault and not ours.

Just seen this charity advert on tv asking for £2 a month, according to the ad 22000 children every day die from drinking dirty water.

So lets assume that we all pay up our £2 and prevent all these deaths, according to my calculator that amounts to over 8,000,000 more mouths to feed every year.

Your thoughts?

It is a bit of a problem isn't it, how to give them good life without making the problem of overpopulation worse.

Archived