Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/

No it isnt. It's what the cheapest stuff is made from. McDonalds dont use mechanically separated chicken (MSC) anymore in their nuggets, KFC is whole pieces of chicken, fillets for the crispy strips, and possibly MSC for the popcorn rubbish. ANyone with half a brain knows when they are buying something with MSC in it, mainly from the price but also from the ingredients on the pack.

You have been brainwashed by somebody and are scaremongering. Think for yourself dont just absorb what you are told :). And guts were never included! :hihi:

No it isnt. It's what the cheapest stuff is made from. McDonalds dont use mechanically separated chicken (MSC) anymore in their nuggets,

I know, it says that in the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

The story has been amended to reflect that although mass produced chicken nuggets at large may contain mechanically separated chicken, McDonald's famous McNuggets no longer do contain "mechanically separated poultry as defined by the federal government.

Pretty sure a lot of that post is untrue, but still, what's the problem? In a world where half the population struggle to put food on the table and we have far too many people alive to feed, there seems to be complete sense in using as much of the animal as possible. It's better than lots of waste.

Also, what do you expect from fast food?!?

Are you serious, really??!!

First of all I expect food when I buy fast food.

Secondly, if you travel to any poorer countries you will find that they feed themselves real food, cooked from scratch.

Anyone who eats at Mcdonnalds deserves what ever digestive illness or bowl cancer that they get! It's disgusting to even think that this crap can even be called food!

No it isnt. It's what the cheapest stuff is made from. McDonalds dont use mechanically separated chicken (MSC) anymore in their nuggets, KFC is whole pieces of chicken, fillets for the crispy strips, and possibly MSC for the popcorn rubbish. ANyone with half a brain knows when they are buying something with MSC in it, mainly from the price but also from the ingredients on the pack.

You have been brainwashed by somebody and are scaremongering. Think for yourself dont just absorb what you are told :). And guts were never included! :hihi:

Have you seen where Mcdonnalds and KFC get their chicken from?

Anyone with half a brain knows that it's reared with no life in appalling conditions. Half the birds feathers and skin are burned off from standing in it's own crap and pee!

If it wasn't for pressure and public awareness Mcdonnalds would still use processed meat today.

I know, it says that in the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

The story has been amended to reflect that although mass produced chicken nuggets at large may contain mechanically separated chicken, McDonald's famous McNuggets no longer do contain "mechanically separated poultry as defined by the federal government.

So Mcdonalds isn't fast food?

You said all fast food. That would include Mcdonalds wouldn't it?

Are you serious, really??!!

First of all I expect food when I buy fast food.

Secondly, if you travel to any poorer countries you will find that they feed themselves real food, cooked from scratch.

Anyone who eats at Mcdonnalds deserves what ever digestive illness or bowl cancer that they get! It's disgusting to even think that this crap can even be called food!

Get over yourself. Have you seen some of the stuff they feed themselves in poorer countries? Don 't be telling me its an ideal way to live and eat because its not. Neither is Mcdonalds, i'm not saying it is. I rarely eat there and I'm not suggesting that anyone should but don't sell me the dream that everyone in Sierra Leone and Eritrea is happy and well fed because they aren't

Get over yourself. Have you seen some of the stuff they feed themselves in poorer countries? Don 't be telling me its an ideal way to live and eat because its not. Neither is Mcdonalds, i'm not saying it is. I rarely eat there and I'm not suggesting that anyone should but don't sell me the dream that everyone in Sierra Leone and Eritrea is happy and well fed because they aren't

Your using countries that have been stricken by famine as an example. I'm talking about countries such as India, Thailand, Brazil etc where there's a massive rich poor divide.

The food they cook there is amazing and it's all made from scratch. People there take food seriously not like us with our supermarket and fast food culture!

So you are cherry picking countries just as I am?

Well what about India? They have McDonalds in their cities. In fact a few years ago the Indian government threatened to throw Mcdonalds out of India after they discovered they were using beef dripping to fry the fries. It was quite a big deal. You can read about it in Fast Food Nation.

I'll bet my shoes you can get a Big Mac in Rio as and you can get McNuggets in Bangkok if you want them.

Don't be romanticising these places, its a small world and McDonalds is very big.

So you are cherry picking countries just as I am?

Well what about India? They have McDonalds in their cities. In fact a few years ago the Indian government threatened to throw Mcdonalds out of India after they discovered they were using beef dripping to fry the fries. It was quite a big deal. You can read about it in Fast Food Nation.

I'll bet my shoes you can get a Big Mac in Rio as and you can get McNuggets in Bangkok if you want them.

Don't be romanticising these places, its a small world and McDonalds is very big.

I've been to all there places. Of course there are Mcdonnalds there. There's a Mcdonnalds in every corner of the world. You don't get half as many people using them in the countries I mentioned though. Most people like to know what they are putting in there mouth. Not like the ignorant Bits. As long as it tastes fattening and is ready yesterday the British would eat anything.

Archived