Have you ever been stopped and searched by the Police?

I have twice in the last week which i find a bit odd, I'm 34 have white skin drive an old mans car and live in BME area and on both occasions it was on London Road and the Police were checking I had car insurance.

Before last week hardly ever even though I look less dodgy now than ever before.

Your car is probably being flagged on the ANPR system. It could just be a data error, or maybe someone has cloned the plates and it's been noted as being used in a crime.

If it happens again, ask them why they've pulled you.

Your car is probably being flagged on the ANPR system. It could just be a data error, or maybe someone has cloned the plates and it's been noted as being used in a crime.

If it happens again, ask them why they've pulled you.

I know my cars reg does appear on the ask amid website, if my cars plates have been cloned then surely they would have done something?

I did ask on both occasions and they said they're just routine checks as lots of people are driving without insurance.

these days they should be able to tell whether you have insurance, just by checking your reg, while they're tailing you. Tens of millions of pounds were spent to expedite this. They stopped you for something else.

They can tell if the car has an insurance policy on it by checking the reg. but can't tell if the driver should be driving it ...

Archived