Nobody wants superfast broadband in S. Yorks

I'm in the process of switching to Origin.

Richkent - their site said it wasn't available in my area but when I contacted them it turns out it is and their site is just a little out of date. Drop them an email.

I don't blame them for not advertising much yet - much better to slowly ramp up the service to ensure they can cope with capacity etc than having thousands of disgruntled new customers.

I find it amusing that pretty much all the exchanges surrounding the city centre are enabled for BT Infinity....but not the city centre....and BT have offices there.

I would LOVE super-fast fibre optic broadband.

However both DR and Virgin seem to think that we don't want it in our area, with Virgin stopping laying their cable literally just at the end of the village & DR stopping at the next village over, 3 miles away.

I would understand if we were a small village with a population less that a few thousand but the figure is around 11,000

Archived