Nobody wants superfast broadband in S. Yorks

I'd love to have faster broadband, but at the moment I've got bundled broadband in with the TV and phone line because it saves money. If it means that I get a slower broadband than I would otherwise then that's just something that I have to be prepared to compromise, as it's the only way I can afford to have broadband at all at the moment.

Are you sure? Most of Sheffield should have it by now. You can check with there website:

http://www.origin-broadband.co.uk/

Our service is not currently available in your area, please contact us for scheduled installation dates.

nuff said, im in a large estate area of sheffield, like i said, prob only 30% of sheffield has this!!!

I'm on Infinity and happy with my 37mbps download and 8 mbps upload .......smug grin on face

I'm even happier on 40 down and 10 up with DR, even more so with the fact I can use the service without throttling, I have been with BT before, never again.

Our service is not currently available in your area, please contact us for scheduled installation dates.

nuff said, im in a large estate area of sheffield, like i said, prob only 30% of sheffield has this!!!

As I said earlier in the thread, try contacting them - the map thing is out of date on their site.

and virgin and all others offer free install, hummm, in this age of cutbacks i wonder why they not making any money!!!:loopy:

And Virgin say I'm on 20mbit and it's what I'm paying for, and yet I get no more than 2.7 here.

And their excuse is that it's choked due to it being a student area.

I might try Origin.

Archived