Nobody wants superfast broadband in S. Yorks

And Virgin say I'm on 20mbit and it's what I'm paying for, and yet I get no more than 2.7 here.

And their excuse is that it's choked due to it being a student area.

I might try Origin.

so tell em that you pay for 20 meg, either they give it to you or you will sue them for breach of contract and report them to ofcom

i can get it and want it badly but the costs are too much in these cutback times, i would say pay an extra fiver a month for it but not the sums their asking, and god knows why they dont see to be able to talk to sky , virgin etc and get it included with them ???

p.s if i hadnt remembered about it from a few years ago, i wouldnt have known it existed , has there been ANY advertising in the last year at all ???

not available in stocksbridge as normal we will get it last

Dear Mick

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately , you are right that Stocksbridge is not in phase 1 of our build plan.

I can assure you that DRL has an aim to expand the network to achieve a 97% coverage as a whole across the S. Yorkshire region.

We are currently reviewing how best to design, plan and undertake this follow-on phase of the project. Having said this and as this phase is to be funded by revenues gained from the initial 80% phase, I am unable to give any timescales.

I appreciate that this doesn’t give you the response that you were probably seeking.

Kind regards

Lesley Statham

From: digitalregion.co.uk [mailto:info@digitalregion.co.uk]

Sent: 18 January 2012 17:38

To: Info

Subject: New Message from digitalregion.co.uk

Email:

Date: 18.01.2012, 5:38 pm

Type: Connection

Message: Why has stocksbridge been left out again we need a fast connection

standard reply from digitalregion.co.uk

they AIMING for 97%!!, yea and what year, 2020?? come on, im near low edges and there is about 6000 houses around here but no cable from them, im sorry but its just not good enough, it costs to fit, more expensive, hardly the best business model really :loopy::loopy:

Archived