Still more threats to free speech from religion

Here's a solution :

stop deliberately insulting over a billion people on the planet, then there won't be any commotion.

What do you think ?

I think that's crap.

What right do they have to threaten someone with violence just because they feel offended?

I'm offended by some of the things you say on this forum, does that mean it'd be ok for me to threaten you?

I think that's crap.

What right do they have to threaten someone with violence just because they feel offended?

I'm offended by some of the things you say on this forum, does that mean it'd be ok for me to threaten you?

I agree. And enough people the world over are vocally critical of the Westen way of life, would that be justification for us threatening to retaliate with violence?

Here's a solution :

stop deliberately insulting over a billion people on the planet, then there won't be any commotion.

What do you think ?

nope, how about educating them in human rights?

How about educating others about 'respect' ?

What I say, I say with facts. If I was being malicious or provocative, then you'd have a case.

Maybe the Islamophobes should take note ? :cool:

I take it you're talking about Christianity, with all the ornate carvings and statues of Jesus on the crucifix ?

Well said :)

How about educating others about 'respect' ?

What I say, I say with facts. If I was being malicious or provocative, then you'd have a case.

Maybe the Islamophobes should take note ? :cool:

Well said :)

going to the meeting in sheffield on the first? i am.

Here's a solution :

What do you think ?

If Imams stop deliberately insulting over 3.5 billion people, then there won't be any commotion.

Pretty much everything that anybody says has the potential to upset somebody, if your principle was applied to everybody then no one would be able to say anything.

But of course you don't want to apply your principle to everybody do you? You want Muslims to be able to say whatever they like but everyone else's speech restricted.

If Imams stop deliberately insulting over 3.5 billion people, then there won't be any commotion.

Pretty much everything that anybody says has the potential to upset somebody, if your principle was applied to everybody then no one would be able to say anything.

But of course you don't want to apply your principle to everybody do you? You want Muslims to be able to say whatever they like but everyone else's speech restricted.

As I said, if someone's being deliberately provocative or malicious (whether it's from a religious individual or not), then there's a problem somewhere.

As I said, if someone's being deliberately provocative or malicious (whether it's from a religious individual or not), then there's a problem somewhere.

And who is to decide what's "deliberately provocative or malicious"?

I know people who think it's provocative for homosexual couples to hold hands in public.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that men are superior to women, that men should inherit more, that their word is twice as valuable as women's...

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that homosexuals should be killed.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to criticise Israel.

Archived