Still more threats to free speech from religion

And who is to decide what's "deliberately provocative or malicious"?

The majority.

I know people who think it's provocative for homosexual couples to hold hands in public.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that men are superior to women, that men should inherit more, that their word is twice as valuable as women's...

If they're in the majority, then I guess you've got to listen to them. It's called a democracy :)

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that homosexuals should be killed.

That's incitement to murder and obviously against the law.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to criticise Israel.

If they're ultra right-wing Neo-Zionists, then it's a given they'll be offended.

The majority.

If they're in the majority, then I guess you've got to listen to them. It's called a democracy :)

Nope demcracy involves protecting the expression of dissenting opinions from the tyranny of the majority.

That's incitement to murder and obviously against the law.

So you think the Bible, Koran, Hadith... should all be banned then?

If they're ultra right-wing Neo-Zionists, then it's a given they'll be offended.

Unlike Muslims who so rarely take offence :roll:

Nope demcracy involves protecting the expression of dissenting opinions from the tyranny of the majority.

That may be so but democracy in it's simplest form is 'the majority wins'. Nothing too difficult about that.

So you think the Bible, Koran, Hadith... should all be banned then?

If people are actually carrying out what they've read, in a place where the majority don't believe, then the law should come down on them.

Unlike Muslims who so rarely take offence :roll:

As mentioned earlier, stop being deliberately provocative and malicious towards them, and there won't be a reaction.

That may be so but democracy in it's simplest form is 'the majority wins'. Nothing too difficult about that.

Actually I think you'd find that as a none too popular minority Muslims would find it very difficult if the majority shared your opinion upon how freedom of expression should be limited.

If people are actually carrying out what they've read, in a place where the majority don't believe, then the law should come down on them.

Oh right so when its your religion under scrutiny acts not words should be restricted, how unsuprising.

As mentioned earlier, stop being deliberately provocative and malicious towards them, and there won't be a reaction.

"ultra right-wing Neo-Zionists" would say the exact same thing to you, why is it ok for you to offend them but not for anyone to offend you?

And who is to decide what's "deliberately provocative or malicious"?

I know people who think it's provocative for homosexual couples to hold hands in public.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that men are superior to women, that men should inherit more, that their word is twice as valuable as women's...

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to say that homosexuals should be killed.

I know people who think it's "deliberately provocative or malicious" to criticise Israel.

And I know forums that have their own agenda that transcend all you have quoted the above :loopy:

The tragedy of this thread is that in it we have, to the best of their very limited ability, a member of a minority zealously arguing for fascism.

Somehow unaware of the fact that if they got their wish and the UK became a fascist nation they would be first against the wall.

The tragedy of this thread is that in it we have, to the best of their very limited ability, a member of a minority zealously arguing for fascism.

Somehow unaware of the fact that if they got their wish and the UK became a fascist nation they would be first against the wall.

Sharia is fascism.

The concept of "majority wins" has to be one of the most obscene invented by humanity.

Strange how religious zealots love the concept of secularism when they are in the minority, and hate it when they are in the majority.

Archived