Different approach to wedding photos

as a wedding & event photographer I know many of us out there are digital and exploit our cameras and editing software wonderfully well and sometime we forget how camera used to be.

like myself I am an enthusiast with old 35mm film cameras and have used my Voigtlander classic cam several times.

I was looking to exploit an old side mixed with the new side of wedding these days. Polaroid have just brought out their new compact cam that resembles the old Polaroid 600 a instant classic cam from the 20th century. Now they have brought out a similar one called the Z340 which does exactly the same in printing it just revolutionary and brought up to speed.

what i am asking is as bit of fun for the evening do, would you be willing to spend £50-£200 or so for a handmade album with all the polaroids in from your reception in the evening. A photographer would go around in the evening, snap snap snap away for a couple of hours, gather all the polaroids and place them within the album for the married couple to treasure the old days with the new days.

Would people like that? personally i would love it at my own wedding and would be willing to listen to any suggestions you throw at me.

andddd.....GO fire away...:D:partyhat:

I'd probably pay £50 for a novelty, but probably not much more - but then our tog will be there the whole night.

I like the idea of photo booths, and photo guest books and was looking at getting one ofthose polaroid printers that prints onto a credit card sized sticker and getting people to stick it into a big clip frame (bit like a DIY booth), but I'm not sure if I can be doing with the organisation of camera on a tripod, setting up the area for photo's etc - I guess your proposal is very similar in some regards.

PS - m,ight be up to letting you come trial it at our wedding in June for a preferential rate... ;o)

I think it is a lovely idea, especially if we can have the album after it been done. Only downside would be that theres no way to share them with the guests since theres no way to copy them. Id rather go for a photographer with a SLR camera who also has a computer and photo printer. Guests would then be able to choose and pay for their pics as they wish.

Archived