Ebay, Too Honest To Sell.

I wonder if truth is the best way to sell on fleabay. Maybe the odd "white lie" would help your sale get more bids. I am selling my car and at present have 53 watchers, how do you turn the watchers into bidders, is there some secret to it maybe. Perhaps my description is just too "honest", I wonder.

Angel.

I wonder if truth is the best way to sell on fleabay. Maybe the odd "white lie" would help your sale get more bids. I am selling my car and at present have 53 watchers, how do you turn the watchers into bidders, is there some secret to it maybe. Perhaps my description is just too "honest", I wonder.

Angel.

No secret at all, just wait for the last 5 mins of the auction ;)

I'm picking up a table in a bit from an eBay seller, listed as brand new and never been opened, in its original box, unused.

Ok. So, I rang up this morning, and the blokes wife told me I would have to fetch it later today, when the husband is back from work, as she doesn't know where all the bits are for it hmmm :loopy:

Don't know what to expect now :hihi:

Leah, this is just typical of Ebay; I avoid wherever possible due to endless problems with sellers.

I do use it a LOT but tend not to buy much of the 'pick up only' stuff, due to usually having small purchases. Most stuff I buy listed as 'New' will be new though, this has just got me puzzled. I'm sure it will be fine, there was a picture of it boxed, the lady sounded a bit old, maybe she was confused? x

Honesty is the best policy IMO, I had the problem of being too honest once, I sold a collection of WWE VHS videos a couple of years back, the buyer allegedly never recieved them, so rather than get negative feedback for non-delivery (not my fault, Royal Fail messed up! :rant::loopy: ) I refunded her Paypal payment of £25.

Honesty is the best policy IMO, I had the problem of being too honest once, I sold a collection of WWE VHS videos a couple of years back, the buyer allegedly never recieved them, so rather than get negative feedback for non-delivery (not my fault, Royal Fail messed up! :rant::loopy: ) I refunded her Paypal payment of £25.

Aye, eBay is crap like that. If you don't have a tracking number with a signature showing up from the recipient online, then it hasn't arrived. You're meant to refund and take the proof of posting to RM and put a claim in with them. Scammer heaven, as most people don't bother sending recorded for the cheaper items. Free shopping!

Obviously you a put a claim in with Royal Mail so no one lost

eBay is frighteningly honest in my view. Make sure your honest with your description and send via recorded delivery/courier so you can track it. Power sellers are so scared of negative feedback I'm sure you get more joy if you get a problem on eBay than you would if you walked into their shop.

I've never lied and always try to provide as many photos as I can with the few auctions I've listed. I've never had a complaint and people were happy with what they received.

With cars, honesty is the best policy. Treat the sale as you would want to be treated if you were the buyer.

Also I never bid on items until the last few moments. I've found when I've put a bid on something it encouraged others who were watching to outbid me, which would then outprice me. No thanks.

Archived