Aaarghhh why do labour rely on catchphrases so much?

I say to the hard working families, up and down this great country, that cliches and catchphrases are the foundations of our big tent, our big society of stakeholders, and that our cliches are better costed, fairer and more economical than the laughable cliches of the [conservative/labour/lib dem] party.

"too far, too fast" is really starting to grate on me. Do they not get that it is just annoying:rant:

at least we have stopped hearing "child tax credits" every two seconds

why do they never bother phrasing real sentences?

Agreed it annoying, do they speak to their partners / familes in such a manner?

In the 80s all we used to hear was "trendy teaching methods", "there is no alternative", "political correctness" etc etc. So to be fair it isn't just Labour that rely on soundbites.

I say to the hard working families, up and down this great country, that cliches and catchphrases are the foundations of our big tent, our big society of stakeholders, and that our cliches are better costed, fairer and more economical than the laughable cliches of the [conservative/labour/lib dem] party.

Don't get me started on the hard working families. I'm single and childless, I'm paying for their sodding schools !!! Squeezed middle ?squeeze my boot up your wotsit milliband you chump.

Agreed it annoying, do they speak to their partners / familes in such a manner?

In the 80s all we used to hear was "trendy teaching methods", "there is no alternative", "political correctness" etc etc. So to be fair it isn't just Labour that rely on soundbites.

I know they all do it-either labour do it more frequently/blatently or I just disagree with the soundbites more. I am confident its mainly the former! Harriet wotshername said "too far, too fast" about 10 times in a minute on the daily politics show. It could be impressive if it wasn't soooooo annoying

Archived