Aaarghhh why do labour rely on catchphrases so much?

"too far, too fast" is really starting to grate on me. Do they not get that it is just annoying:rant:

at least we have stopped hearing "child tax credits" every two seconds

why do they never bother phrasing real sentences?

Give Labour credit. Brown gave up saying "no more boom and bust" about 3 years ago.

I must have imagined all those television pictures of him saying "no more boom and bust" then.

Apparently we all did.

Mind you, even the interviewers laughed at him when he argued that what he'd said was "no more Tory boom and bust" ... as if being led into a recession by Labour policies is somehow better than being led into a recession by Tory ones. Not only was it a blatant lie, but a completely ridiculous one; even if people had believed it he still would have looked bad!

"too far, too fast" is really starting to grate on me. Do they not get that it is just annoying:rant:

Seriously you need to take off the rose-tinted glasses if you think this is something that only Labour do. Try listening to Cameron sometime for example, the man is a walking cliche machine.

All politicians do it because they know that most people are too lazy to find out the details of a story but they'll remember a buzzword.

Perhaps a factor that makes it look like the Opposition are relying on cliches more than is the Government, is that the Government can actually talk about policies it is introducing, and the Opposition can do little more than criticize the Government.

That would be true either way round, of course, if it's true at all...

I think that it's got something to do with Labour having less money to spend on PR advisors.

Archived