Aaarghhh why do labour rely on catchphrases so much?

"too far, too fast" is really starting to grate on me. Do they not get that it is just annoying:rant:

at least we have stopped hearing "child tax credits" every two seconds

why do they never bother phrasing real sentences?

Much of this codswallop is the legacy of Tony Blair's soundbite gibberish and the success it had in the 1990's.

Sometimes I wonder if half the shadow cabinet have yet to realize that the world has moved on since 1997. Although by the same token you also get a fair few right wingers who want to turn the clock back to 1807.

"too far, too fast" is really starting to grate on me. Do they not get that it is just annoying:rant:

at least we have stopped hearing "child tax credits" every two seconds

why do they never bother phrasing real sentences?

It's nothing new with catchphrases is it? I seem to remember some old bat, her name eludes me:D, saying the ladies not for burning or was that turning. Well I proved her wrong, every 5th of November up she went:hihi::hihi:

I'm paying for their sodding schools !!! QUOTE]

In the same way that previous generations paid for your "sodding school"

Indeed. It was a bit Tongue in cheek really. The phrase gives the impression of dad coming back from his 9-5 to do a bit of mini cabbing and mum cleans offices all night, whilst singletons have 2 hour lunches in the pub and finish at 3.00.

Singletons work hard as well !

Seriously you need to take off the rose-tinted glasses if you think this is something that only Labour do. Try listening to Cameron sometime for example, the man is a walking cliche machine.

All politicians do it because they know that most people are too lazy to find out the details of a story but they'll remember a buzzword.

I never said only labour do it!

Archived