Crap music

Prawn cocktail

Chicken in a basket

25% inflation

More strikes

More Power cuts

I wasn't even around but the reputation of the 1970s lives on in infamy

Long live unions!!

yes Long live the Unions.but with principles!

I rememember what it was like in the 70s with those meaningless strikes,that crippled the country and led so many previous Labour voters to swich parties-hense the rise of "Thatcherism" that came later.

Some of those Union Leaders (and i say some not all )were as greedy for power and success as those they were opposing,and when they got that power they abused it.The result at the end did nothing for so many decent hard working men and further limited the power of the Unions.

yes Long live the Unions.but with principles!

I rememember what it was like in the 70s with those meaningless strikes,that crippled the country and led so many previous Labour voters to swich parties-hense the rise of "Thatcherism" that came later.

Some of those Union Leaders (and i say some not all )were as greedy for power and success as those they were opposing,and when they got that power they abused it.The result at the end did nothing for so many decent hard working men and further limited the power of the Unions.

Come on -you dont believe these myths.Strikes are never meaningless,and Thatcher got to power largely due to the gang of 4 who betrayed their principles in a quest for power,splitting the opposition vote.In 1983 MT got more seats with a far lower % of the vote.

Come on -you dont believe these myths.Strikes are never meaningless,and Thatcher got to power largely due to the gang of 4 who betrayed their principles in a quest for power,splitting the opposition vote.In 1983 MT got more seats with a far lower % of the vote.

It makes you proud. Welcome to the realms of the Labour Party in permanent opposition.

and they didn't even have the common decency to resign their seats and stand as their new party. Scumbags.

It makes you proud. Welcome to the realms of the Labour Party in permanent opposition.

I thought that Labour was supposed to be a diverse party.To my understanding it always has been.You can still have loyalty to its principles and not always support every opinion of its Representatives.

Shirley got fed up with them all didn't she.

I'm still an admirer of her though.

I can't remember who the other 3 were!

the gang of 4 came after thatcher came to power, also at that tine labour was running leftwards and had made itself unelectable all by itself

Archived