Frank's - Arcade on the Manor?

segasonic

I was thinking the other day about an arcade I used to visit in the mid 80s. I have no idea where it was, does it ring any bells with anyone?

I lived on Hastilar Road, near Standhouse school. I think the place was within walking distance, possibly Lower Manor.

It was known as 'Frank's'. I think it was a convenience store upstairs, but in the basement there was an arcade. They had

and Rally X cabinets that I can remember, as well as a few pool tables.

Does anyone remember it and know where it was? (Or is, although I'd be surprised if it was still an arcade.)

Cheers!

I was thinking the other day about an arcade I used to visit in the mid 80s. I have no idea where it was, does it ring any bells with anyone?

I lived on Hastilar Road, near Standhouse school. I think the place was within walking distance, possibly Lower Manor.

It was known as 'Frank's'. I think it was a convenience store upstairs, but in the basement there was an arcade. They had

and Rally X cabinets that I can remember, as well as a few pool tables.

Does anyone remember it and know where it was? (Or is, although I'd be surprised if it was still an arcade.)

it was opposite steel inn on harbour avenue next to chinnese chippy i went there loads during 80s on 2p bandits

it was opposite steel inn on harbour avenue next to chinnese chippy i went there loads during 80s on 2p bandits

Is it Harborough Avenue, down towards Manor Park?

Sounds right, my mate lived on Crossways or the Circle and we used to walk there from his house. Cheers mate!

Is it Harborough Avenue, down towards Manor Park?

Sounds right, my mate lived on Crossways or the Circle and we used to walk there from his house. Cheers mate!

thats the one it had an asain shop next door. to it my spelling isnt great sorry about that

thats the one it had an asain shop next door. to it my spelling isnt great sorry about that

No worries mate, wouldn't have found it without your help. :)

Just had a look on Google Streetview and I can remember the shops! I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

No worries mate, wouldn't have found it without your help. :)

Just had a look on Google Streetview and I can remember the shops! I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

can remember buying single fags of frank one fag and a match 10p good old days

Archived