Senior advisor defects to Tories saying Labour has No economic credibility.

They make it sound like a bad thing, good riddance, Blairism is a tumour that needs to be excised from Labour. The sooner the rest go the better.

Nepotism

Abuse of Office.

Expense Fraud.

Bribery.

Cash for Votes.

Is this not equally true of the Conservatives?

I think John Smith would have.

Funny, when we had a couple of Tory defections they were welcomed with open arms and there were plenty gloating on here!

Not from me. Tories crossing the floor... shows how blue labour came, it's something that should be derided, not gloated about.

WOW. An e-campaigns manager. A deadly blow to the Labour machine.

Why is this news? Who cares, he's just a glorified web designer.

I suppose it wouldn't be news apart from folks coming on this thread trying to claim it wasn't

I suppose it wouldn't be news apart from folks coming on this thread trying to claim it wasn't

no, it would still be news, just not as significant as portrayed by the Independent, or spun by you

as their old advertising slogan almost went "It isn't. Are you?"

no, it would still be news, just not as significant as portrayed by the Independent, or spun by you

as their old advertising slogan almost went "It isn't. Are you?"

You mean as published by the Independent and spun by no one merely quoted verbatim.

I think the name Independent says it all. Unbiased reporting which isn't the same as yours.

but its moderate personalities fight to restrain the hard liners and maintain a more broadly appealing public image to capture those all-important swing voters.

That applies equally well to the Conservatives - although they are fortunate to have UKIP to mop up those who would otherwise be their more extreme followers.

Maybe Labour needs an equivalent of Nigel Farage to take the more extreme left wing bits of the Labour party away where they won't frighten the horses. ;)

That applies equally well to the Conservatives - although they are fortunate to have UKIP to mop up those who would otherwise be their more extreme followers.

Maybe Labour needs an equivalent of Nigel Farage to take the more extreme left wing bits of the Labour party away where they won't frighten the horses. ;)

[From a UKIP member]

No, UKIP does not include or even allow 'extreme' members. If they want extreme, let them *** off to BNP/SWP.

UKIP itself is neither right-wing nor left-wing. It includes people who were previously members of any of the three 'main' parties or of none. Note that UKIP is itself now the 'third' party, ahead of LDP in most opinion polls and in bye-election results.

No it's not. As someone else pointed out there was a bloke called Harold Wilson who won in 64, 66 and twice in 74.

Those who claim that the Tories didn't win the last election, would have to go back to 1966 for a Wilson victory - which is, indeed, 45 years ago.

*edit* No they wouldnt, I'm losing track of events; in October 1974, Labour won with an outright majority of exactly three seats. I'd got it into my head they were three seats short of a majority.

Archived