Senior advisor defects to Tories saying Labour has No economic credibility.

[From a UKIP member]

No, UKIP does not include or even allow 'extreme' members. If they want extreme, let them *** off to BNP/SWP.

UKIP itself is neither right-wing nor left-wing. It includes people who were previously members of any of the three 'main' parties or of none. Note that UKIP is itself now the 'third' party, ahead of LDP in most opinion polls and in bye-election results.

First of all, by extreme, I wasn't referring to those whose views would associate them with the BNP.

UKIP are generally considered to mainly take voters from the Conservative party - those with the most anti-Europe views who are awkward relative in the attic for a party trying to present itself to swing voters. (In the same way that the renationalise everything contingent are the awkward relative in the attic for New Labour.) Having looked at the UKIP policies on their web site, most of the policies that are not primarily anti-Europe would appeal more to dissatisfied Conservatives than dissatisfied Labour supporters so I don't think my characterisation of them as mopping up the Conservatives' awkward squad as unreasonable.

No one on this forum can honestly believe that ANY Politician of any Party gives a damn about the voter, sorry I willl clarify that, in the lead up to the election all of them do give a damn over the voter, after which it's back to the norm, we hear you, we understand you, we will make a difference, but now we are elected as your MP for another 5 years - you can all get well and truly stuffed - do as we say, not as we do.

Cynic, me - never.

Angel.

You mean as published by the Independent and spun by no one merely quoted verbatim.

I think the name Independent says it all. Unbiased reporting which isn't the same as yours.

The name Independent says nothing more than that is the name of the paper - it doesn't mean it is unbiased - it was an attempt by the original owners to show that they had distanced themselves from the party political bias of the other proprietor owned papers of the time - a long long time ago!

If you bought the Daily Mirror you wouldn't expect to see your reflection, so why would you expect to see unbiased and unspun "news" in something called The Independent?

And just to be clear, my prattling isn't "reporting" and isn't claimed to be unbiased - but it is independent

No one on this forum can honestly believe that ANY Politician of any Party gives a damn about the voter, sorry I willl clarify that, in the lead up to the election all of them do give a damn over the voter, after which it's back to the norm, we hear you, we understand you, we will make a difference, but now we are elected as your MP for another 5 years - you can all get well and truly stuffed - do as we say, not as we do.

Have you ever met or had any dealings with an MP? I've known two for two years prior to the election right up to this day and both of them still put their local area first and always have time for the voters.

My God, the tories must be really hurting having to resort to these kind of tatics. LMAO

Resorting to what tactics? The OP's link to the Indy doesn't seem to have any gloating by the Tories and there's nothing on the Conservative Party website about it.

Just because he's defected from red to blue doesn't mean he'll be welcomed with open arms.

you mean apart from Harold Wilson?

From what I've read of the times it was more a case of Ted Heath losing than Wilson or Callaghan winning. ;)

It still makes Blair the only Labour PM to win an election in 30 years. Hardly a spectacular performance of strength and depth in the party.

From what I've read of the times it was more a case of Ted Heath losing than Wilson or Callaghan winning. ;)

It still makes Blair the only Labour PM to win an election in 30 years. Hardly a spectacular performance of strength and depth in the party.

Times have moved on. Labour need a public school educated toff in charge of the party to be credible. When the bring out the oik who is in the pockets of the unions it turns the voters off. (except for those in the unions who think they run the country.)

Who was the last Labour leader who wasn't a

public school educated toff
?

Bozier is making some interesting comments about the difficulties of getting his daughter into a state school that's doing well. I wonder if his family life has played a part in bringing home the reality?

Archived