No SOPA coverage in UK media?

On a secondary note has anyone ever tried "youhavedownloaded" website.It tracks 55 million IP addresses and what has been downloaded from them.It tells you if it has any records on you.

(it only tracks a few percent of private bitorrent users)

"YouHaveDownloaded is a great resource that reveals what people behind an IP-address have downloaded on BitTorrent.

The founders of the site developed the service so people can show what others have been downloading.

Over the past weeks we’ve used the service to expose the most fierce defenders of copyright, and today the focus is on Canada, where the government is preparing to ram through a revamped copyright bill.

The Conservative majority government has reintroduced the Canadian Copyright Modernization Act Bill C-11, which according to experts will have disastrous consequences for consumers.

But while politicians are taking a stand against piracy, staffers at their very own parliament are downloading torrents left and right.

Several IP-addresses assigned to the Canadian House of Commons have been caught pirating copyrighted material."

Can`t beat a proxy eh!!

People have been caught at Fox studios,NBC universal,Google and even the House of Representatives.Ironically they blame someone else for doing the downloading...something you are not allowed to claim yourselves.

The term "Epic fail" comes to mind, as that site doesn't list anything I have downloaded. Instead it lists just one item that I have never downloaded. And believe me, I have downloaded ALLOT of stuff.

As for coverage, the media is covering the blackout and not SOPA. I am glad I have some discussion going, it is such a shame many people outside of America are in the dark about this. I suggest you folks start using alternative media for your news as well as the BBC etc as you are only getting half of the picture (if even that) about events from around the world.

Keep fighting the good fight people.

I sympathise with OP though, to be fair for such an important issue the UK media coverage has been pretty inconsequential.

There has been some coverage but, t'old Rupert supports SOPA doesn't he do it's never going to get the coverage it deserves.

Personally I hope SOPA gets through and they'll see how much it will destroy they business.

It's supposed to be the cure but really I think, and I hope it will bring they demise.

All the big record companies, film companies, media companies say they're going to the wall because of people stealing content, when movie attendance is higher than it's ever been before, ridiculous. Hope SOPA goes through and they see the damage it causes.

Archived