Can an employee refuse to work with a gay man on religious grounds?

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

Due to the PC bregade. Many politicains, councils, governments, companies, charities etc get too involved in promoting diversity. Making an issue of it in the first place, even if the organisation thinks its doing something positive can cause people to be alienated in the working environment.

Employees need to leave their personal lives outside the workplace and get on with doing their jobs. Somebodies religion or sexuality should not inhibit their ability to work. They want the money, get on with it, or get out.

No, someone cannot refuse to work with a colleague on religious grounds, nor should they be able to. Anyone who cannot work alongside a homosexual shouldn't be in the workforce in the first place.

No, someone cannot refuse to work with a colleague on religious grounds, nor should they be able to. Anyone who cannot work alongside a homosexual shouldn't be in the workforce in the first place.

All people should be capable of working with anyone even if they are bigoted,racist etc.If they are working hard thats all that counts-plus some of them are quite funny and keep one on ones toes,if you get my meaning.

You need to push this one back to the colleague with the religious issue how would they handle it if someone from a different religious back ground would refuse to work with them.

Within a work enviroment turn the question back to colleague.

Good luck with this as its the two most vocal human rights issues clashing.

Dee

Fictional though it probably is as you present it, it's an interesting point.

The manager of the refuser needs to speak to her sharpish.

Archived