Can an employee refuse to work with a gay man on religious grounds?

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

Unless you are being forced to share a shower cubicle, then a law passed in 1987 means you cannot refuse to work with a gay person.

This also applys to any roles where your employer expects you to be naked whilst you are working

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

If the employer was requiring her to become homosexual, she might have a case. Otherwise, she's just an ignorant bigot.

I don't know where you all get your ideas from.

You can refuse to work with anyone you choose.

You may be able to refuse to do a job which is against your values within reason, but you won't be able to refuse to work with a person or your in the deep water of discrimination.

Saying that I guess you could refuse but the company would not have to keep you in the work that your not suitable for I would imagine.

You may be able to refuse to do a job which is against your values within reason, but you won't be able to refuse to work with a person or your in the deep water of discrimination.

Saying that I guess you could refuse but the company would not have to keep you in the work that your not suitable for I would imagine.

As explained above, you are free to walk away from your job if you find any of your work colleges presence particularly disagreeable. So in essence no one can force you to work with anyone you do not want to.

Religion has no place in the modern world and definatly has no place in the modern workplace.

Outlaw it i say!!

Archived