Can an employee refuse to work with a gay man on religious grounds?

he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding

You either know the koran or you don't.....Still, interesting (made-up) situation I guess.

I wouldn't have thought she would be able to refuse to work with someone due to not agreeing with their sexuality. There's probably plenty of reasons that might allow such a refusal, but I'd hope sexuality isn't one.

Can an employee refuse to work with a gay man on religious grounds?

This happened to my good friend Quentin. One of his work colleagues objected to his gay ways. His work colleague cited Leviticus 18:22 from the King James Version of the Bible - "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Quentin had to leave but I am not allowed to tell you where he now works, apparently :!:

This happened to my good friend Quentin. One of his work colleagues objected to his gay ways. His work colleague cited Leviticus 18:22 from the King James Version of the Bible - "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Quentin had to leave but I am not allowed to tell you where he now works, apparently :!:

Three and a half out of ten. Keep trying.

Unless you are being forced to share a shower cubicle, then a law passed in 1987 means you cannot refuse to work with a gay person.

This also applys to any roles where your employer expects you to be naked whilst you are working

If the employer was requiring her to become homosexual, she might have a case. Otherwise, she's just an ignorant bigot.

Oh, I so wish that the forum had "like" buttons, I really do...

So, let me get this straight, "Quentin" was demanding that his colleague tell fibs, yeah? ;) ;)

If the employer was requiring her to become homosexual, she might have a case.

'Might'. :suspect:

Otherwise, she's just an ignorant bigot.

She's a follower of religious teaching and believe homosexuality is wrong. This doesn't make her ignorant.

Archived