Can an employee refuse to work with a gay man on religious grounds?

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

She is wrong a bigot taught by bigots all are ignorant.

You either know the koran or you don't.....Still, interesting (made-up) situation I guess.

I wouldn't have thought she would be able to refuse to work with someone due to not agreeing with their sexuality. There's probably plenty of reasons that might allow such a refusal, but I'd hope sexuality isn't one.

No i heard what she said and he's definitely gay.

I always thought homophobia was wrong even if you're a Muslim?

The problem is at work and a religious woman is refusing to work with another colleague because he's gay and apparently homosexuality is forbiden according to the koran? Is this right?

I informed her that the koran also preaches tolerance and understanding towards others, and that I'll have to inform yours and my line manager if you carry on refusing to work with him.

is she right, am i wrong? Can someone refuse to work with another colleagueon religious grounds?

what the hell has it got to do with this woman if someone is gay or not? if he can do the job, it is irrellevent, at least she has not got to worry about him sexually harrassing her. chances are paths will cross, and she will work along side other gays but doesnt know it as they are too scared to be outed as this woman is doing to this guy now.

god forbid if people complained that they dont want to work with a muslim as they find it offensive with their beliefs all hell would break lose with the race card, good luck to this gay man , dont be bullied into leaving, wish him luck :D

No, someone cannot refuse to work with a colleague on religious grounds, nor should they be able to. Anyone who cannot work alongside a homosexual shouldn't be in the workforce in the first place.
What if she's very good at her job and the homosexual isn't?

Is she a religious nut or homophobic ? is she a foreigner ? asuming she is a person from outside the uk must think she can get away with it as do so many outsiders coming to our country trying to get everything their way . has she been suspended for her actions ? i can tell you now that if it were me (white British) refusing to work along gays or any other group of perticular people i would be suspended pending further enquiries.

shes bang out of order . sack her for grose missconduct an ground of refusing to work.

Archived