Cameron trying to do a Maggie

But since the building of the Panama Canal what use have they been?

We no longer need them as a coaling station do we?

Thatcher had big ideas about destroying Antartica to exploit the oil under that continent, and using the Falklands as a southern sort of Sullom Voe terminal.

I would say those islanders were better of as Argentinians, at least they would have some where to go to get away from that dreadful place.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but your opinion and my opinion are utterly irrelevant. We don't live there.

Which country the Falklanders will belong to, is for them to decide and for nobody else.

With Maggie it was about pride.

With Cameron it's about oil.

Just like it was when George Bush Jr invaded Iraq IMO, and people think the Government aren't up America's bottom? :lol::loopy:

Them and normans and celts etc etc, which would be extremely relevant if we were having an argument about colonialism with the French or the Danes or the Irish but we're not, so it isn't.

But it is.

All possesion of territory is feudal.

We've no right to any property unless we are prepared to go to war to protect it.

How do you think we got it in the first place?

But it is.

All possesion of territory is feudal.

We've no right to any property unless we are prepared to go to war to protect it.

How do you think we got it in the first place?

Ok, lets slow down a bit, who do you think should decide upon the future of the Falklands, and how should it be decided?

Exactly, A, Argentina isn't run by a mad military junta any more, and B, the Falklands are much better defended now than before, even with our reduced armed forces.

But you never know what an ailing government will do if it's unpopular and looks like it will lose an election, to gain some kudos with their public.

Archived