Cornwall for a holiday

We did that the first time too -then we decided to have a little luxury. We have our 6 month old (she'll be 1 when we go) so wanted to go in a eurotent again. You'll really like them if you try them. :D

I just may do- unfortunately with uni timetable and placement in the summer our main holiday has to be the beginning of April (Looe- static) as we wanted somewhere with more comfort and going with friends... didn't dare risk camping with the time of year for a week... having said that- went camping to Somerset in April last year and it was red hot- went again to Cornwall in August after we married and weather was crap! So you can't be sure can you...

I am thinking we may venture to Trevornick again next year though, will think about those tents :D

We went to New Quay in 2009. We visited Holywell Bay, there's a kids small fun park there with go-kart rides, panning for gold, crazy golf etc. There's New Quay Zoo. The beach is gorgeous. We only went for a week but as we left my son, who was then 9 said, ''can we come for 2 weeks next time?''. We had a great time, can't wait to go back again one day.

We love holywell bay,did you know they filmed,james bond die another day there.:cool:

Hi all.

Just booked a week down Cornwall in the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to visit? Got two young boys to entertain and can't always rely on the sites entertainment.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

What about taking the lads mackerel fishing. http://www.stivesboats.co.uk/fishing/ Get down to the beach afterwards and get your catch on the barbecue, you can't beat it.

This is no exaggeration - the entire county of Cornwall is fantastic. You could just put a pin in a map and land somewhere nice. Even Newquay with it's gridlocked roads and packs of lager louts is worth a visit. Look up Porthleven, off the beaten track but very nice.

I've never been to cornwall, but i know I would love the place asI'm a big Doc Martin fan, then last week I saw a police series of a prostitution ring getting raided in Cornwall of all places, in fact no sooner they closed it down seems it opened up again in the exact same place, but Cornwall of all place, I could see that happening elsewhere but...Not where my Doc Martin lives :(

Archived