Failure of school to provide education.

Hi, without going into too much details (which would take up many many pages!), I am considering taking legal action against my sons primary school for their failure to provide an adequate education for him and also to highlight their underhand methods of trying to get him out of the school. They have done it to other children and I refuse to allow them to do it to mine.

Is there anybody in the Sheffield area who has done this or even thought of it? I don't think anybody has done this yet in the Rotherham area (where I live) and it's with a heavy heart that I am even considering it but short of allowing the school to bully him out it is something we as a family are considering.

I just wondered what anyone elses experiences are.

Hi, without going into too much details (which would take up many many pages!), I am considering taking legal action against my sons primary school for their failure to provide an adequate education for him and also to highlight their underhand methods of trying to get him out of the school. They have done it to other children and I refuse to allow them to do it to mine.

Is there anybody in the Sheffield area who has done this or even thought of it? I don't think anybody has done this yet in the Rotherham area (where I live) and it's with a heavy heart that I am even considering it but short of allowing the school to bully him out it is something we as a family are considering.

I just wondered what anyone elses experiences are.

I would say the principal educator is the parent or family,and it sounds like the child is on the point of being excluded from the school.This suggests a deficiency on your part-perhaps schools should take action where parents have failed in THEIR duty?

I would say the principal educator is the parent or family,and it sounds like the child is on the point of being excluded from the school.This suggests a deficiency on your part-perhaps schools should take action where parents have failed in THEIR duty?

Not necessarily.

OP, I think a bit more detail is needed. Does your child have SEN?

I would say the principal educator is the parent or family...

No it isn't. That's why children get over 10 years free compulsory education. How many parents do you know who can teach their children English, Maths, Science, a foreign language or two, History, Economics, etc, etc? None.

The OP is going to have to be more specific and maybe contact a local councillor or somewhere like the OFSTED whsitleblower hotline at

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/contact-us/whistleblower-hotline.

No it isn't. That's why children get over 10 years free compulsory education. How many parents do you know who can teach their children English, Maths, Science, a foreign language or two, History, Economics, etc, etc? None.

The OP is going to have to be more specific and maybe contact a local councillor or somewhere like the OFSTED whsitleblower hotline at

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/contact-us/whistleblower-hotline.

I think the parent is very important in the education of primary school age children which is what this thread appears to be abot..

I think the parent is very important in the education of primary school age children which is what this thread appears to be abot..

How do you draw that conclusion? The thread is about a parent who claims his or her child is not being taught properly in school and is being forced out of that school. It makes no mention of the role of a parent in a child's education, just of the role of the school.

No the thread isn't about parental education of children it's about does anyone have any knowledge about taking legal proceedings against a school for whatever reason.

Maybe the OP doesn't want to divulge 'personal' information.

I have no knowledge of this, OP, so I can't help!...Sorry!

How do you draw that conclusion? The thread is about a parent who claims his or her child is not being taught properly in school and is being forced out of that school. It makes no mention of the role of a parent in a child's education, just of the role of the school.

The OP says that thier child is at primary school...I think parents are important in the education of primary school age children...I was agreeing with another poster...sorry if you didn't get my gist.. :)

No the thread isn't about parental education of children it's about does anyone have any knowledge about taking legal proceedings against a school for whatever reason.

Maybe the OP doesn't want to divulge 'personal' information.

I have no knowledge of this, OP, so I can't help!...Sorry!

I was replying to a poster who said that parents were an important part of a primary school child's education.. I wasn't asking for personal information? :confused:

Archived