Failure of school to provide education.

No the thread isn't about parental education of children it's about does anyone have any knowledge about taking legal proceedings against a school for whatever reason.

Maybe the OP doesn't want to divulge 'personal' information.

I have no knowledge of this, OP, so I can't help!...Sorry!

Thank you PeteMorris, I was indeed asking if anybody had any knowledge that may assist in my quest. It's a completely unknown area to me, having never had to do this kind of thing before and I would appreciate if anybody felt able to share their experiences with me, either publicly or by private message.

With regard to some other posts, I have had to endure years of judgement by others who are ignorant to the difficulties of children/adults with none physical disabilities. People judge me and my husband and make assumptions on what they think are poor parenting skills, any judgements on here only serve to make us stronger and we try our very best every day, those people who judge us should try walking in our shoes for a day.

My son does indeed have a SEN and is at risk of permenant exclusion from his primary school, other than that I don't really want to go into too much detail. I will say that I do have an older daughter who has excelled at the same school and also in her first year at secondary school. I consider that I am a good parent and will fight for the education of my son whom is loved and cherished regardless of his disability and ensuing behaviour. The school in question is a struggling faith school and it would appear to me that any perceived 'troubled' children only serve to make it more difficult for the school to try and change it's reputation and the school is better off without them.

While I have empathy with schools who are charged with educating children of all backgrounds and who struggle when it comes to SEN and inclusion, they are responsible for educating all children. My fight will be for my son but also for all those other children that are pushed out and forgotten about because they don't fit the mould.

No it isn't. That's why children get over 10 years free compulsory education. How many parents do you know who can teach their children English, Maths, Science, a foreign language or two, History, Economics, etc, etc? None.

The OP is going to have to be more specific and maybe contact a local councillor or somewhere like the OFSTED whsitleblower hotline at

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/contact-us/whistleblower-hotline.

Thank you for this, I had never heard of it! I was told that I wouldn't be approved to homeschool the boy as his needs are too complex. Was quite relieved actually!!!

Thank you for this, I had never heard of it! I was told that I wouldn't be approved to homeschool the boy as his needs are too complex. Was quite relieved actually!!!

All LEA schools are accountable to their local council and to OFSTED so there should always be somewhere to complain to. Whether you get anywhere with it is to be seen but good luck.

Hi, without going into too much details (which would take up many many pages!), I am considering taking legal action against my sons primary school for their failure to provide an adequate education for him and also to highlight their underhand methods of trying to get him out of the school. They have done it to other children and I refuse to allow them to do it to mine.

Is there anybody in the Sheffield area who has done this or even thought of it? I don't think anybody has done this yet in the Rotherham area (where I live) and it's with a heavy heart that I am even considering it but short of allowing the school to bully him out it is something we as a family are considering.

I just wondered what anyone elses experiences are.

Hi Cofster,

Is this school so good it's worth keeping him there if the relationship has broken down to this extent? I think I'd want to move him to a much more nurturing environment as soon as possible.

As for the failure to provide for his educational needs there may be test cases on line which provide a precedent, by and large SEN provision is poor, but take care, if you signed a home/school agreement which has a behaviour clause in it which he could be said to have breached you won't have a leg to stand on.

I've also left a lengthy reply to your other thread on the parents forum by mistake.

Archived