Is it right to ask people to donate money to charity?

I did some work for some really big well known research charities and trust me they're the most unscrupulous organisations you could ever wish to come across.

You'd be doing more good giving the money to Tescos.

edit - I've found the smaller charities more genuine and transparent, just avoid the bigger 'branded' charities.

I give to unbranded charities as I find then cheaper.

But what if they don't go ahead with the challenge? is it deemed wrong if someone has donated either to the actual person, or to such as Just giving, yeah the latter the charity still gets the money, but it's the principle, i.e I put up a challenge im going to do, you donate your cash online, but then i cant be bothered to go ahead with it.

That's a good question. I personally, having once been persuaded to donate money to a charity, wouldn't expect it back regardless of what happens next, but I wouldn't go so far as to demand that everyone should do the same.

That's a good question. I personally, having once been persuaded to donate money to a charity, wouldn't expect it back regardless of what happens next, but I wouldn't go so far as to demand that everyone should do the same.

Im kind of with you on that having once donated, but I'd feel annoyed that I'd been tricked into donating before the so called challenge.

I did some work for some really big well known research charities and trust me they're the most unscrupulous organisations you could ever wish to come across.

You'd be doing more good giving the money to Tescos.

edit - I've found the smaller charities more genuine and transparent, just avoid the bigger 'branded' charities.

Agreed which is why the RSPCA get naff all from me.

Archived