Downs Syndrome child refused Holy Communion

I would guess that this whole issue is the mum's mindset to convince her son and the world that he is "normal" by doing everything that the regular kids are doing, and using religion as another tool in the process is pretty sad and hypocritical.

I wonder why she's too busy on Sunday mornings to attend church?

I wonder why she's too busy on Sunday mornings to attend church?

As a kid, I learned to my dismay that mass was also held Saturday evenings as well as other times during the week. Her "too busy Sunday mornings" excuse doesn't begin to hold water.

I didn't see it on the BBC news this morning, but my OH did, and apparently during interview on the 'sofa' the lad in question 'dropped his trousers' on national breakfast tv. That kinda tells me he maybe isn't ready for his first holy communion.

Or maybe his understanding of the Catholic Church is hugely underestimated. :D Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Well the Catholic church has shot itself in the foot with this one, a family friend has Downs Syndrome and is a credit to his parents. He has his own flat, works, and is far more intelligent than some folk that I have encountered.

Shame on them.

Shame on them?

Their bigoted views have done this lad a massive favour!!

Archived