Downs Syndrome child refused Holy Communion

Good on you Rich, whenever my wife or I bump into our friend Paul, we always leave him with a smile on our faces, he is an absolute champ. :thumbsup:

Hmm, my old mate was called Paul Cartlidge, lives in Stoke on Trent.. It's not him is it?

What 7 year old does enjoy mass? :hihi:

I know when I was seven, I'd rather have taken a whipping than go to church.

To the Catholic church, these aren't meaninless rules, they're sacraments. I remember being tested by the nuns along with all the other kids to see if we'd memorized the appropriate prayers, and I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't.

That said, this parish needs to make some special allowances for disabled children. I'm surprised they don't already have some sort of program in place, they did when I was growing up.

His parents have to be prepared to participate as well. They can't just start making demands then scream discrimination when they don't get their way.

My wife used to take beatings from the nuns who taught her as a little girl, heavens knows what these psychopaths would have done to a seven years old Down's Syndrome child.

1. Is this person a Christian?

2. Has he been baptised?

3. Is he a practising Catholic?

4. Has he been through and does he accept the religious training required by the Catholic church before receiving Holy Communion?

5. Are there 'other reasons' why he may not be permitted to receive Holy Communion?

If the answer to any of the first 4 is 'No' and/or the answer to the 5th is 'Yes' then the Catholic church is not 'Shooting itself in the foot' it is merely complying with its own rules.

Complying with its own rules. Yes, that's what the Third Reich did when it built Auschwitz.

That said, this parish needs to make some special allowances for disabled children. I'm surprised they don't already have some sort of program in place, they did when I was growing up.

The Catholic Church has produced quite a few disabled kids by sexually abusing them and causing depression and god knows what in them. The Catholic Church is a really sick organisation.

What 7 year old does enjoy mass? :hihi:

I know when I was seven, I'd rather have taken a whipping than go to church.

To the Catholic church, these aren't meaninless rules, they're sacraments. I remember being tested by the nuns along with all the other kids to see if we'd memorized the appropriate prayers, and I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't.

His parents have to be prepared to participate as well. They can't just start making demands then scream discrimination when they don't get their way.

Isn't this what happens in Catholic churches anyway?

The Catholic Church has produced quite a few disabled kids by sexually abusing them and causing depression and god knows what in them. The Catholic Church is a really sick organisation.

And a very powerful and prosperous one too which is why nothing has been done about it.

Perhaps the Catholic church should prevent babies from being christened because they afterall also have limited concentration and have not been through religious training?

That’s why later on in your life you can choose to be confirmed.

Archived