Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

Have you ever actually met a child?

I think you'll find the children in portion of my family that escaped the church associate Easter with:

• their older relatives giving them chocolate in the shape of eggs, bunnies, chicks...
  • The younger ones also associate it with mashing up shredded wheat mixing it up with chocolate and adult melted for them and making easter egg nests.
  • easter egg hunts.

I have every reason to believe that is the kind of thing most british children, who as you may know tend to be very fond of chocolate, associate with easter. Just as they tend to view Xmas as a time when adults give them stuff.

Some incarnation of a god sacrificing, himself to himself so he could forgive us for a crime of being born from 'sinful' ancestors really doesn't enter into the equation.

I've met lots of children. But I've never met one that proclaims to be an atheist.

Personally I've always associated Easter sunday with chocolate, but maybe that's just me.
I associate it with chocolate also, but the underlying significance of the day is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Just out of interest, what do you associate with good friday?

You just don't get it do you? Atheists do not necessarily believe that god/s don't exist, they just don't believe that they do. This is not at all incompatible with agnosticism.

It's a simple point that's been put to you dozens of times, try opening your mind just a little bit.

So essentially, atheism is- 'not believing in the existence of any God/s while considering the possibility that you might be wrong about it'?

I've met lots of children. But I've never met one that proclaims to be an atheist.

Quite telling isn't it.

That's because atheists don't tell their kids what to believe on such issues, we leave it to them to make their own minds up.

I've met plenty of kids that proclaim to be a Christian or Muslim though.

What's that about "militant" atheists again? Not indoctrinating their kids.

Archived