Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

Churches are also just nice pretty buildings with halls that have good atmosphere.

How is it hypocritical for an atheist to take advantage of such a place?

There's also the fact that some atheists marry theists who want a religious ceremony... and some atheists come from religious families & have religious ceremonies to please their relatives. There is a small amount of hypocrisy in doing so but arguably no more than in pretending to like the rubbish pictures young relatives sometimes give you.

No atheism is just the first part. Just the 'not believing in the existence of any gods' part.

An atheist may or may not consider the possibility that they might be wrong, the vast majority of atheists I've ever come across do, but not all.

What position do you hold Jimmy?

How on earth would you know? You haven't understood any of the atheist's arguments on this thread? They go right over your head.

But in fairness most theists arguments go right over his head as well, as it would seem do most arguments. So in that respect at least the arguments are alike.

What position do you hold Jimmy?

I accept that I cannot possibly know whether god exists or not, therefore I am agnostic.

I also have never been given a good reason to believe that there is a god, so I do not believe such a thing, therefore I am an atheist.

I really don't see how you can be confused by that.

or they might be people that like churches, some of them are pretty with nice architecture. Some of them had religious parents and some of them have been taught to think of getting married in a church from a very young age.

Me I go, look at the pretty architecture, try to ignore the man waffling on and the hideous singing, usually I think a bit about how annoying religion is and how much money has been poured into the churches by poor people. Then the ceremony ends hurray.

Sheesh, how many times have you been married?

jb

I wouldn't say I'm a theist, as I don't believe in God/s as such.

I simply hold the position of there being something far greater than myself, something that has a cause and a purpose. I'd say my position is in conflict with the notion that creation needn't have had a cause or indeed have a purpose. I don't know how I could explain what that something is; other than saying it is (in the broadest sense) creation itself. So No, I don't agree with your claim that I'm a theist, however, should you satisfactorily establish how this something equates to "God", then I'd have no problem conceding that I must be theist.

Well since you've admitted to agnosticism, that probably makes you an agnostic deist then.

So to nick your nonsense from #25:

An agnostic deist? So you don't know whether the "something far greater than myself, something that has a cause and a purpose" that you believe in exists?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You funny

Archived