Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

Churches are also just nice pretty buildings with halls that have good atmosphere.

How is it hypocritical for an atheist to take advantage of such a place?

It would be just as hypocritical for an atheist to wear a nice pretty crucifix around their neck claiming the only reason they wear it is because it's nice and pretty.

A real atheist just gets on with life, never even thinks about the existance of a God and has no point of view regarding religion.

Why must that be so.

There's constantly threads on here with all sorts of nonsense in them that make you think about god and religion. Of course nobody has to reply, but being an atheist doesn't mean you can't argue with idiots does it?

Pre-existing celebrations to commemorate what?

In the case of Christmas, its not a commemoration at all it is at its most basic a celebration that the days will start getting longer again.

And for easter I'm not exactly sure of the origins but the fact that the word itself is German and not Greek or Hebrew or Latin should tell you that its origins certainly do not lie with Christianity. It's very likely it was a celebration that spring has sprung.

It would be just as hypocritical for an atheist to wear a nice pretty crucifix around their neck claiming the only reason they wear it is because it's nice and pretty.

Well how is that hypocritical?

You didn't really answer the first question, just gave another example without explaining either.

That wouldn't be hypocritical at all, you don't seem to understand the concept of hypocrisy.

But the sentiments you're applying here are yours.. no one else's. Why would you criticize others for applying sentiment that is contrary to fact when you clearly don't mind doing it yourself? Is this yet another example of the hypocrisy of atheism?

Did you start this thread with the intent of trying to trick some atheists into an inconsistent statement you could then pounce on, or just to call them hypocrites?

Do they threaten you with their rejection of sky pixies as the origin of the universe?

I don't care. If getting married in a church makes me a hypocrite for all of 30 minutes then I think I'll cope.

jb

You wouldn't cease being an hypocrite when you leave the church barleycorn. Once an hypocrite always an hypocrite.

Archived