Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

what has that got to do with the tooth fairy:confused: did you quote the wrong post?

My "claim" is correct.

You implied that children could be atheist but not realize that they are atheist if they don't know or understand the meaning of the word atheist.

You wouldn't cease being an hypocrite when you leave the church barleycorn. Once an hypocrite always an hypocrite.

Still not getting any real point from your arguments. Some atheists might hypothetically be hypocrites? Is that it? If an atheist ate a jam sandwich and then told people he didn't like jam, he'd be a hypocrite! Is that it?

Why am I getting the impression you don't really have anything much to say here?

again what are you talking about? I am an atheist which means I don't believe in any god. I have never considered whether there is a god because there is nothing to suggest there is one. Some atheists have considered it and came the conclusion there isn't one.

easy peasy

Then effectively, as an atheist, your disbelief in God/s is due to the lack of any credible evidence which could prove the existence of God/s.

Fair enough, I can appreciate your position as I feel the same when it is suggested that the universe may not need a cause for it's existence as it may have always existed... or better yet, may have materialized from absolutely nothing. Which incidentally, has been suggested on numerous occasions to corroborate atheistic positions when discrediting the creationist argument during debates between theists and atheists and during lectures held by a certain evolutionary biologists and a world renowned cosmologists.

That's exactly what happened with my parent's wedding. My dad was upfront with the vicar that he didn't believe and the vicar didn't mind. Good old church of England, thank god (;)) they don't take their religion very seriously.

I tend to agree though if my wife to be had wanted a church wedding and I had to pretend to be Christian in order to have it I'd have very little problem with that. I wouldn't have a problem lying to a vicar in order to make someone I love happy.

Would you pretend to believe in God and lie to your kids to make them happy?

or they might be people that like churches, some of them are pretty with nice architecture. Some of them had religious parents and some of them have been taught to think of getting married in a church from a very young age.

Me I go, look at the pretty architecture, try to ignore the man waffling on and the hideous singing, usually I think a bit about how annoying religion is and how much money has been poured into the churches by poor people. Then the ceremony ends hurray.

An atheist having to endure the religious wedding ceremony or the catholic Christening of someone close to them isn't Hypocritical in my opinion. Proclaiming to be atheist when you had or plan to have a religious wedding ceremony, or had or plan to give a child a catholic Christening is not only hypocritical, it's laughable.

Nope, as that would have been really hypocritical. I refused to start my marriage with a lie. It is possible to have morals without believing in any sort of afterlife.

Good for you. I respect anyone that stands by their morals.

How on earth would you know? You haven't understood any of the atheist's arguments on this thread? They go right over your head.

Yeah I know.. So do religious arguments. As I said, the similarities are very refreshing. :hihi::hihi:

Archived