Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

No, an atheist just doesn't have a belief in God.

Danot do you understand the difference between

A) Having no belief in God

and

B) Believing that there is no God

?

Yes I understand the difference. It seems to me that an atheist is someone that never questions their existence. They feel they simply exist and there is no reason to question why they exist.

Since when has "scientific evidence" claimed that "creationism isn't responsible for it (everything around us)" ?

Are you having a laugh?

Physicists do everything within their power to discredit and mock creationism.

The likes of Laurence Krauss (arguably the worlds leading physicist) is committed to finding a plausible theory that can rule out creationism. His ground breaking research is why most physicists agree that the universe is thought to be flat, you see a flat universe would require zero energy, and only such a universe could start from nothing. There's no way they can actually test that theory but it rules out creationism and that's good enough for them.

Then there's his side kick Dawkins, the anti-religion campaigner. His lectures are more like a stand-up comedy routines aimed at belittling the creationism argument.

You are having a laugh aren't you?

No, I'm being serious, "scientific evidence" is not an antity which can make claims. It's your misunderstanding of such simple wording which is confusing you.

As regards to ruling out creationism, I think it's more a question of "why jump to such an unlikely concept as creationism?".

Yes I understand the difference. It seems to me that an atheist is someone that never questions their existence. They feel they simply exist and there is no reason to question why they exist.

Then no you do not understand the difference.

What you are describing is simply someone who is an atheist and also does not question their existence.

You are quite correct, I mis-read what you wrote. My apologies Mr.Tony.

:D

Physicists do everything within their power to discredit and mock creationism.

As others have said, you don't even seem to understand what you are writing, it's comes over as a stream of words with no meaning behind them. Perhaps you could help everyone by taking more time to compose before hitting SEND ?

Science works like this: Through a series of specific and derivative exercises, conclusions are drawn and consequential facts are stated and / or theories are proposed. Further derivation enhances and refines based on evidence over time.

Creationism works like this: "We've got this really old book"

Why would anyone need to discredit creationism?

Danot is making sopme serious points here.

1. Nobody is an atheist unless he says so

2. Atheists are rubbish and agnostics are much better

3. Just because you have nothing to say doesn't mean you shouldn't spend several hours telling other people they are wrong at great length

I was going to say- 'utter nonsense', but then I realized that the post said donkey beside it. So it must be true.:rolleyes:

So is it possible to be a theist and believe that some gods exist and be an atheist believing some God don’t exist and be apathetic at the sametime.

I know that some Gods exist because a lump of rock, an idle or any number of other thinks that are worshipped by man can be defined as a God, therefor they exist.

I know that an all powerful, all knowing omnipotent entity that created the universe, which is another definition of God, doesn’t exist because it contradicts its self, making it impossible.

And even if an entity did exist with limited powers that people worshipped as a God, I wouldn't worship it, or care, because something as more power doesn’t mean it should be worshipped.

The problem with the word God is that it simply of too many definitions and lacks a definitive coherent definition to say it exists or doesn’t exist.

May I correct you on this Tony?

Science works like this: Through a series of specific and derivative exercises, conclusions are drawn and consequential facts are stated and / or theories are proposed. Further derivation enhances and refines based on evidence over time.

Creationism works like this: "We've got this several really old books, written by men. If you take them literally, most of it contradicts itself. If it's open to interpretation, anyone can make it mean whatever they want."

Why would anyone need to discredit creationism?

No, I mean yes! an atheist need only have no belief in God. They can believe anything else they want, just not the existence of God.

Translation of the word atheism:

a(without)theism(belief in God)

So an atheist could believe that the human soul leaves the body after death, they could believe in reincarnation, an afterlife, but not God?

What is it then. What are you trying to say? Because repeatedly thinking up obscure, convaluted reasons to tell other people they are wrong is giving people the impression you haven't actually got anything to say.

So you keep saying.

Archived