Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

I know that some Gods exist because a lump of rock, an idle or any number of other thinks that are worshipped by man can be defined as a God, therefor they exist.

If YOU believe that rock is a God, then you are a theist.

I know that an all powerful, all knowing omnipotent entity that created the universe, which is another definition of God, doesn’t exist because it contradicts its self, making it impossible.

If this is what you believe then you are an athiest and somewhat antitheist.

And even if an entity did exist with limited powers that people worshipped as a God, I wouldn't worship it, or care, because something as more power doesn’t mean it should be worshipped.

If this is what you believe then in my opinion you have common sense.

The problem with the word God is that it simply of too many definitions and lacks a definitive coherent definition to say it exists or doesn’t exist.

Yes. But you don't have to have a definition of something to be without belief in it.

I don't know the definition of a Rubleswanse, I am also without belief in it's existence.

So an atheist could believe that the human soul leaves the body after death, they could believe in reincarnation, an afterlife, but not God?

It a word made up by man and has a definition, the definition says yes to your question.

If YOU believe that rock is a God, then you are a theist.

If this is what you believe then you are an athiest and somewhat antitheist.

If this is what you believe then in my opinion you have common sense.

Yes. But you don't have to have a definition of something to be without belief in it.

I don't know the definition of a Rubleswanse, I am also without belief in it's existence.

I don’t have to believe that a rock is a God but if I know that someone worships a rock then by definition it is a God and exists.

The problem though is that God does have many definitions and I rock by definition is a God if someone worships it; I know people worship many different objects there for I know Gods exists.

I don’t have to believe that a rock is a God but if I know that someone worships a rock then by definition it is a God and exists.

The problem though is that God does have many definitions and I rock by definition is a God if someone worships it; I know people worship many different objects there for I know Gods exists.

And if you BELIEVE that rock is a god, then by DEFINITION you are a theist.

So an atheist could believe that the human soul leaves the body after death, they could believe in reincarnation, an afterlife, but not God?

Yes. That would be (for example) a Buddhist.

You've heard of them?

And if you BELIEVE that rock is a god, then by DEFINITION you are a theist.

But then I would also have to believe the rock created and interacts with the universe according to definition of theist in the oxford dictionary. So allthough I know Gods exist I'm not a theist.

Wouldn’t life be easier if each word just had the one definition? :)

But then I would also have to believe the rock created and interacts with the universe according to definition of theist in the oxford dictionary. So allthough I know Gods exist I'm not a theist.

In that case, you would KNOW that somebody ELSE believes the rock is a god in that sense, and that the rock exists. You do not KNOW that gods exist.

Archived