Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

So is it possible to be a theist and believe that some gods exist and be an atheist believing some God don’t exist and be apathetic at the sametime.

I know that some Gods exist because a lump of rock, an idle or any number of other thinks that are worshipped by man can be defined as a God, therefor they exist.

I know that an all powerful, all knowing omnipotent entity that created the universe, which is another definition of God, doesn’t exist because it contradicts its self, making it impossible.

And even if an entity did exist with limited powers that people worshipped as a God, I wouldn't worship it, or care, because something as more power doesn’t mean it should be worshipped.

The problem with the word God is that it simply of too many definitions and lacks a definitive coherent definition to say it exists or doesn’t exist.

Now I do agree with that. Spot on!

So an atheist could believe that the human soul leaves the body after death, they could believe in reincarnation, an afterlife, but not God?

It a word made up by man and has a definition, the definition says yes to your question.
But what would an atheist say?.. Anyone?

Yes. That would be (for example) a Buddhist.

You've heard of them?

Are you sure about that? I thought Buddhists believe that nothing is left behind after death, that on death everything disintegrates leaving nothing whatsoever behind that can "reincarnate".

Everyone that hasn't been told about God and what God is , to know God another human must first tell you what God is, which is why it’s been said that babies are atheist, a believe in God needs to be a conscious decision, whereas not believing in God doesn't.
So a baby that is Christened remains an atheist until they become consciously aware of their God? So in effect, you can't become an atheist, it's more a case of having to make a conscious decision to no longer be an atheist. Wow, so the parents of the baby don't get a choice in the matter? What was that someone said about theists and how they indoctrinate their children.

So a baby that is Christened remains an atheist until they become consciously aware of their God? So in effect, you can't become an atheist, it's more a case of having to make a conscious decision to no longer be an atheist. Wow, so the parents of the baby don't get a choice in the matter? What was that someone said about theists and how they indoctrinate their children.

Did you at any time this morning believe in Cuththa, the invisible spirit that lives in my pocket?

Do you believe in it now?

Was your lack of belief in it this morning because you were indoctrinated to not believe in it, or simply that you were unaware of it?

So a baby that is Christened remains an atheist until they become consciously aware of their God?
Yup, although maybe god'll let them off on a technicality.

So in effect, you can't become an atheist
Of course you can. You just have to have become something else first, because you start as an atheist.

it's more a case of having to make a conscious decision to no longer be an atheist. Wow, so the parents of the baby don't get a choice in the matter?
No of course parents cannot control everything their child thinks from the moment of birth onwards.

What was that someone said about theists and how they indoctrinate their children.
Something that's not at all relevant to your current silly line of thought.

Yup, although maybe god'll let them off on a technicality.

Of course you can. You just have to have become something else first, because you start as an atheist.

No of course parents cannot control everything their child thinks from the moment of birth onwards.

Something that's not at all relevant to your retarded line of thought.

"Yeah but no but yeah but that physics is a right load of rubish cause Einstein said the uiniverse existed forever without any energy or something and thats just silly and if you think that you should never go in a church cause atheists are hypocrites etc etc et etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc "

I suspect their may be some who share the same view as JFK ,maybe he will explain where he got it from.

You need to re-read my post, especially this part of the post.

Does this mean that mean that atheists are better people? I don't actually believe this myself, as everyone is an individual, but it is an interesting debating point.

Are you sure about that? I thought Buddhists believe that nothing is left behind after death, that on death everything disintegrates leaving nothing whatsoever behind that can "reincarnate".

Like atheists, christians, hindus, racists, ginger people, sports fans, in fact like pretty much every group in the world, they don't all believe the exact same things.

Archived