Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

:thumbsup:

We are here because of the laws of physics.

We won't be here much longer (in geological time that is) and will not be remembered in another million years.

We're just what happens to be a successful lifeform in the current conditions of the universe.

No te veré más tarde. :rolleyes:

Indeed. In the cosmological scheme of things, "Now you see us, soon you don't". Enjoy today for who knows what tomorrow brings?

How is God a "phenomena" anyway? Can we observe him/her?
Him/her?.. :confused:

Phenomena- Phenomena's are often, but not always, understood as 'appearances' or 'experiences' these are themselves sometimes understood as involving Qualia (latin word meaning 'what sort' or 'what kind' is a term used in philosophy to refer to subjective conscious experiences.)

You really don't have the first clue do you? If you're remotely interested in anything that I've said then it's all above.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's so plain to pretty much everyone else on the thread that you just don't see it, and won't accept the offer of help to build the picture and understanding from the ground up.

I don't have the time or inclination to deal with such pointless belligerence. Others might be more patient with you.

Tony. Reciting articles from Wikipedia and quoting literal definitions might be your idea of debating, but it's not mine.

BTW, you've not replied to this.
Yes I did.

The difference is that you believe in nothing whatsoever, whereas I believe in something. I believe that the Christian God is a representation of that something, I believe that all Gods are a representation of that something, and the fact that I don't believe in those representations doesn't alter the fact that I do believe in the "SOMETHING".

Is that straightforward enough for you?

There's that many posts to respond to I'm falling behind a bit.

Archived