Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

Hang on...

...WHAT???

As I said-

It does depend on the person to an degree. I'll accept that people are diverse in nature, but the beliefs on which atheism is constructed are not. They only allow atheists to either have no belief, or choose not to believe.
The fact that people are all different and diverse by nature is hardly going to make much of a difference to the position of an atheist. By definition- Atheism is the rejection of the idea that deities exist, or the absence of belief that any deities exist.

I only learned about it a couple of months ago, some say it's just an urban myth, but I'm not so sure. Apparently, it's an highly secretive SF members club that was formed a few years ago by a group of insincere pretentious cretins who only allow like minded insincere preciousness cretins to join. They recruit new members by searching hundreds of threads looking out for anyone who thrives on posting self gratifying insincere pretentious bullcrap. :)

You mean a majority who disagree with you?

Hang on...

Originally Posted by danot

but the beliefs on which atheism is constructed are not. They only allow atheists to either have no belief, or choose not to believe.

...WHAT???

As I said-

The fact that people are all different and diverse by nature is hardly going to make much of a difference to the position of an atheist. By definition- Atheism is the rejection of the idea that deities exist, or the absence of belief that any deities exist.

You're not getting the hang of this continuity between posts business are you?

You stated that atheism is constructed on beliefs. Your latest post explains nothing about this but you chose to post it in response to my questioning the statement. You need to learn how to discuss things in order using relevance .

I only learned about it a couple of months ago, some say it's just an urban myth, but I'm not so sure. Apparently, it's an highly secretive SF members club that was formed a few years ago by a group of insincere pretentious cretins who only allow like minded insincere preciousness cretins to join. They recruit new members by searching hundreds of threads looking out for anyone who thrives on posting self gratifying insincere pretentious bullcrap. :)

Sounds like paranoia to me

*winks at Jimmy, Jane, Ryedo and Quisquose*

You could always start your own group for angry people who aren't really sure what they are angry about. You could call it something like 'The inarticulate ranters group." or "The chip and shoulder club." :P

This week's topic: "Atheists - we don't approve of them for some obscure reasons we haven't quite settled on yet and are presently unable to define in a coherent or consistent way" :D

And most physicists would agree with you. Which makes me wonder why they have an interest in finding out how what caused it to pop into existence out of nowhere, without a cause, without a purpose, and without an intention. Seems a pointless exercise really.

So your suggestion is that rather than being engaged in a search for objective reality, science should limit itself to investigations limited by the pre-suppositions put on them by people like yourself.

How do you feel about the comparitively recent widespread acceptance of the theory that the earth is not the centre of the universe? Does the implication contained in this discovery - that everything was neither created for nor revolves around humans - make you feel existence is 'a pointless exercise.'

You could always start your own group for angry people who aren't really sure what they are angry about. You could call it something like 'The inarticulate ranters group." or "The chip and shoulder club." :P

This week's topic: "Atheists - we don't approve of them for some obscure reasons we haven't quite settled on yet and are presently unable to define in a coherent or consistent way" :D

Exactamundo :nod:

Archived