Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

Sometimes I can't help but think that god belief is a form of paranoia (or it at least originated as a form of paranoia). I guess atheism is the cure :D[/quote

In terms of belief, i find your definition of paranoia somewhat obscure.

I might understand better if you had given a clearer explanation.

Sorry for missing this post Janie48. I'll try to clear it up now and shutup:)

Paranoia involves pattern seeking and basing those patterns on false premises or errors; conspiracy theorists are an example of this. Believing that an invisible being is watching you - and that it intends to do you harm unless you or others sucker up to its whims - might also be an example of this.

In terms of belief, and cutting this post short, god belief - more so in the past - seems to revolve around the second example I gave you.

Sorry for missing this post Janie48. I'll try to clear it up now and shutup:)

Paranoia involves pattern seeking and basing those patterns on false premises or errors; conspiracy theorists are an example of this. Believing that an invisible being is watching you - and that it intends to do you harm unless you or others sucker up to its whims - might also be an example of this.

In terms of belief, and cutting this post short, god belief - more so in the past - seems to revolve around the second example I gave you.

Thanks for cutting post short, much easier for me to discern.:)

Sorry about being curt in last reply,the halo appears to slip sometimes.:blush:

On the subject of paranoia tell your fellow gang member Roots,i laughed at the joke but can take a hint.:hihi:

Why, what reason is there to invoke it?
There is no reason to invoke it.. apart from a religious one of course.

What reason is there to say 'quantum fluctuations' created the universe?

Do physicists believe that quantum fluctuations were not the product of natural law, but responsible for creating natural law?

<SNIP>

WHAT beliefs, values and principles are those? :huh:

The beliefs and principles which have caused people to become skeptical about the existence of deities and proclaim to be atheist. Have a look through some of the old Graham bashing threads then you'll see who I mean.

Posted by RootsBooster

Not really, and why do you think agnostics are insincere, hypocritical and full of pretentious bull crap?

I don't think that.:confused:

The beliefs and principles which have caused people to become skeptical about the existence of deities and proclaim to be atheist. Have a look through some of the old Graham bashing threads then you'll see who I mean.

I don't think that.:confused:

What beliefs and principles caused people to become sceptical about the existence of deities? The only reason I can think of is that god doesn't exist.

So how does your "same God" fit in with polytheistic religions?
It doesn't, but only because they are one in the same. It's like asking me how paganism fits in with trick or treating.

Posted by danot

It's the same something agnostics refer to, the question is unanswerable.

Posted by RootsBooster

What is this something that they refer to? And what is there reference to it?

That something would be the existence of deities, and their reference to this would be that they consider it to be an unknowable, unanswerable curiosity.

When will people finally realise that we are all here as a result of the conditions of the universe, and we're all going to die, there is no god, and we'll all be subsumed into nothingness.

Get used to it.

We're here because of a cosmic accident. And in a few million years we won't be.

Enjoy it while you can.

That's right. We're here as a result of the conditions of the universe. The universe is here as a result of the the none existent conditions which created quantum fluctuations which in turn created the universe.:confused: Quantum fluctuations are here as a result of the universal conditions of natural law.:huh: Natural law is here as a result of our tireless efforts to understand the nature of the universe conditions of natural law. Physicists say natural law is the result of random quantum fluctuations, they also say quantum fluctuations are the result of natural law. :help:

You are perfectly entitled to you opinion and vice versa.

He's also entitled to the evidence too, for which there is very little to support Jesus ever having existed, let alone to be the son of himself. There were lots of Holy men at the time proclaiming to be messiahs and they seem to have been rolled into one guy to fulfill prophecy and use christianity as a lever to make christianity more marketable.

I listened to the Big Questions on the BBC today and it was tragic hearing religious people explain how Jesus had come along and sorted things out so that the OT didn't have to be taken at face value any longer.

Agnostics may not know but they don't make it up or ignore stuff to suit their needs like christians so. I'm an atheist and I have an attitude with stupid people telling me how to live my life.

That's right. We're here as a result of the conditions of the universe. The universe is here as a result of the the none existent conditions which created quantum fluctuations which in turn created the universe.:confused: Quantum fluctuations are here as a result of the universal conditions of natural law.:huh: Natural law is here as a result of our tireless efforts to understand the nature of the universe conditions of natural law. Physicists say natural law is the result of random quantum fluctuations, they also say quantum fluctuations are the result of natural law. :help:

For those that don't understand, can you define quantum fluctuations?

Archived