Is agnosticism actually atheism without the attitude?

I explaned to you why i posted the link.

Yes you did, it was in order to knock down a strawman you had built, as I suspected:

I was just trying to point out that some atheists/agnostics have chosen that path, because so many non-believers i've come across lately seem to share the assumption that all people with a religious faith must be brain-washed,poorly-educated or deluded.

Is that a dig?
Not at all. I'm merely pointing out a general trend that has been found in quite a few studies across multiple cultures. I am not digging at anyone personally. I'm not even implying causality, just correlation. Although I'm willing to say I suspect a causal relationship, but cannot think how you'd go about proving that, because so many other factors contribute to religiosity, and teasing them all out would be very hard.

Do you have sources to support that claim?
Yes, but seeing as this thread isn't really about that, I don't want to swamp it with a whole load of links. Perhaps you should google 'intelligence and religiosity' and find out for yourself, this information is hardly obscure.

Not at all. I'm merely pointing out a general trend that has been found in quite a few studies across multiple cultures. I am not digging at anyone personally. I'm not even implying causality, just correlation. Although I'm willing to say I suspect a causal relationship, but cannot think how you'd go about proving that, because so many other factors contribute to religiosity, and teasing them all out would be very hard.

Yes, but seeing as this thread isn't really about that, I don't want to swamp it with a whole load of links. Perhaps you should google 'intelligence and religiosity' and find out for yourself, this information is hardly obscure.

Right then, i will google that information sometime,and i won't post anymore links.

Yes you did, it was in order to knock down a strawman you had built, as I suspected:

I suspect that you may have thought that i posted the link with a dubious purpose in mind. You were partially right!

It was done partly in jest! and partly because it gave me an opportunity to point out the details i expressed in my previous post.

I had been looking for some information about authors regarding the book references posted by Phanerothyme,when i stumbled across a reference to that link. It would seem that i may have "ruffled a few feathers" I hope not.

I was'nt trying to score any points. :)

I suspect that you may have thought that i posted the link with a dubious purpose in mind. You were partially right!

It was done partly in jest! and partly because it gave me an opportunity to point out the details i expressed in my previous post.

Yes, as you said:

it was "because so many non-believers i've come across lately seem to share the assumption that all people with a religious faith must be brain-washed,poorly-educated or deluded."

I pointed out that I've never seen that view expressed on here, and consequently, you were arguing against a strawman of your own creation.

You ignored my post which pointed this out completely, shockingly.

Yes, as you said:

it was "because so many non-believers i've come across lately seem to share the assumption that all people with a religious faith must be brain-washed,poorly-educated or deluded."

I pointed out that I've never seen that view expressed on here, and consequently, you were arguing against a strawman of your own creation.

You ignored my post which pointed this out completely, shockingly.

I hope your bark is worse then your bite!

Archived