Taxi Driver Offering Money

of course its illegal but are you saying it dosnt happen ?

I wouldn't say never, but I'd say it's extremely rare. Why should a solicitor (a pretty well paid job) risk their career and a jail sentence in order to steal from a client as was suggested. The way it was suggested they'd almost certainly be caught, they're generally a bit brighter than that.

They'd probably happily take the claim as they will be able to charge fee's for it and make money, but they can't and won't keep any of the compensation that is destined for the person with the injury (or supposed injury).

if you need any more info this is from direct line

Top Ten Crash for Cash Hot Spots

Barking, A406 Eastbound, junction with Abbey Road.

St Albans, North Orbital Road at Noke Lane / Lye Lane.

A40 Intersection with North Circular, also known as the Hanger Lane Gyratory.

Bedfordshire, A5 Dunstable Road junction with B4540 Lynch Hill.

Bolton, M61 Junction 4.

Roundabout at Oldham Bypass and Manchester Road.

Woolston Grange Avenue, Warrington (roundabouts 7A, B, C, D).

Chester Road, Little Aston, Birmingham near to its junction with Hobs Hole Lane.

A4177 Honiley Road, just past Fen End going towards Warwick.

A10/A121 roundabout

http://www.directline.com/about_us/news_28102011.htm

my last post

The top 10 spots doesn't tell us anything about which cities are worst for it though.

Leah, don't take Taximark and quisquose to seriously they are well known trolls on S/F

So now I'm a troll just because you didn't agree with what I say? and for the record I agree with quisquose 100% too, and this is because he/she is correct in what they are saying because and i'll repeat it just for you Kidley, 3separate insurance companies have told me too, but they must be lying eh?

It's people like Kidley that hijack perfectly good threads turn them into mass arguments and get them closed due to pointless rambling, why can't you just accept what people in the trade have been told?

because he is dishonest and trying to commit insurance fraud - or rather he is trying to get you to commit fraud; he'll just pass on your forms saying you have an injury you do not have.

He will get the payout as the policy holder (£2k per passenger I would have thought) and pass it on to you - well - some of it. You lie and break the law, he makes money. We all pay more for insurance. Simple.

Of course if he or you are caught, you will never get insurance again and will get a crimianl record.

I'd be tempted to confront him about it. If you can get more evidence and pass it on to the authorties that'd be great - my car insurance is ridiculous now!

I don't think he does. I was in an accident a few years ago with my son in the car, I had to have several weeks of physio and couldn't drive for a while. My son was also injured but luckily not quite as bad, my insurance company put the claim through for us as I pay legal cover (not for cases like this but it covers it also), my son got a payout but it will be paid directly to him when he turns 18, it is in court funds until then. I would assume if I didn't get the money for my own son, I wouldn't get the money for non-related passengers.

So now I'm a troll just because you didn't agree with what I say? and for the record I agree with quisquose 100% too, and this is because he/she is correct in what they are saying because and i'll repeat it just for you Kidley, 3separate insurance companies have told me too, but they must be lying eh?

It's people like Kidley that hijack perfectly good threads turn them into mass arguments and get them closed due to pointless rambling, why can't you just accept what people in the trade have been told?

Taximark - if you type "cash for cash hotspots" into Google you'll get literally loads of articles that confirm what you originally said.

For example, first in the results:

http://www.insuranceage.co.uk/insurance-age/news/2105112/crash-cash-hotspots-maintain-position-q2

"The Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) has released its second quarter 2011 statistics pinpointing the top 20 areas of the UK affected by crash for cash activity.

For the sixth consecutive quarter, Birmingham remained in hotspot number one. Sheffield and Manchester also maintained their positions at second and third respectively."

The IFB actually have an interesting site here:

http://www.insurancefraudbureau.org/press_centre/ifb_news/

It actually publishes a cheatline number (0800 422 0421) and an online form to report insurance fraud. If I was the OP I would be doing this now.

just one point i would say you Taximark have had more threads closed than anybody els on S/F your post on this thread sticks out a mile that you are trolling there is to much going against you BUT I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON ONE THING[ i do believe MOST Sheffield taxi drivers are uninsurable for obvious reasons and Sheffield may well be No2 regarding taxis, have a good day

Another one to report fraud:

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/crash-for-cash-hotspots-aug11

To report a fraud, call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use our online fraud reporting tool.

is that for taxis it goes against every thing els on the net i have no problem getting insured big car and all that £400 per year that dsnt sound like a fraud hotspot does it

just one point i would say you Taximark have had more threads closed than anybody els on S/F your post on this thread sticks out a mile that you are trolling there is to much going against you BUT I DO AGREE WITH YOU ON ONE THING[ i do believe MOST Sheffield taxi drivers are uninsurable for obvious reasons and Sheffield may well be No2 regarding taxis,

Care to enlighten me? Also care to elaborate as to what the obvious reasons are? If a Taxi driver is committing a cash for cash claim and it is a fraudulent then I'm the first one in favour of them being found out as it's my policy thats going through the roof, especially as a taxi driver.

BTW you're the one who has attacked two posters on here calling them trolls just because they didn't agree with you :hihi:, just thought i'd remind you.

Kidley click the link below it might help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:John_Bauer_1915.jpg

Archived