Taxi Driver Offering Money

No its not,thats just the excuse they use to fool the easily fooled!

Insurance company profits are soaring higher than they ever have.

Agreed. And £3000 worth of my sons hard earnt brass has just gone their way too. It would be interesting to see an Insurance companies spread sheets to see exactly how much they have to pay out. And just another thing, why is it that ive never seen a youngster involved in a bump? Its very nearly always a middle aged/elderly driver. Although THEIR statistics claim drivers under 25 are much more likely to have a collision. mmmm, seems a bit wrong to me.

Sorry for going off thread a bit.:|

Grass up the taxi driver - what he is proposing is fraud, plain and simple.

There will always be a small percentage of people who will continue to claim when they should not.

Whatever the insurance companies profits (large or small) the cost of the insurance will always be increased by the amount of claims (particularly if they false). Therefore, false claims hurt us as much if not more than the insurer. If you condone false claims it is you who will pick up the costs. That is assuming that you actually have insurance.

Why would they offer £300 for me to make a claim? So they can keep the £1500 that I would usually get or? And i'm not phoning the police on anyone, I ain't a grass.

You don't need to grass, they have read this forum and can get your details from the ISP of your webhost for adamdowning.net

Forumosaurus are you so against insurers that you refuse to pay for any insurance?

Most insurers are private businesses and as such are there to make a profit for shareholders. There are plenty of them around to promote competition.

As much as we all hate the ever increasing costs of insurance you cannot look blinkered at the insurers.

Insurance scams do not help keep costs down. The EU will have their own way of increasing costs of insurance in December when the Gender Directive comes in.

Get in straight costs will keep on rising, especially when insurance scams like this post are rife.

What people dont get is that the idea of insurance is that you have it and you hope that you don't ever have to claim. However, some people think because they have paid something out that they are entitled to something back and that is just not how it works.

Not claiming for all you that think I am.

It's not affected my life at all, so why bother.

And I don't think i'll be reporting the taxi company.

Good on you!

I didn't think for one minute that you would, but by not reporting this, you are leaving this taxidriver to do it again, to possibly an innocent victim (it could even happen to a member of your family) for a minor bump.

It isn't only the Insurance company that suffers.

I do hope you report him but if you don't at least YOU have done the right thing.

Archived