Somali Police Deny Pussy Footing

I can,t understand the softly softly aproach used in dealing with these thieving murderous scumbags surely the nations suffering their attacks could put in place a well armed security squad on each tanker with a shoot to kill policy.They [the pirates] would think twice before trying to hijack them if they knew they could get blown away,take the English couple kidnapped in front of one of our warships who stood by and did nothing to save them on some technicality it beggars belief even if it would have been illegal they should have acted,what rights did the kidnappers have, none blow em away what do you say am I right or wrong,tree huggers what say you?.:roll::rant::confused:

I can,t understand the softly softly aproach used in dealing with these thieving murderous scumbags surely the nations suffering their attacks could put in place a well armed security squad on each tanker with a shoot to kill policy.They [the pirates] would think twice before trying to hijack them if they knew they could get blown away,take the English couple kidnapped in front of one of our warships who stood by and did nothing to save them on some technicality it beggars belief even if it would have been illegal they should have acted,what rights did the kidnappers have, none blow em away what do you say am I right or wrong,tree huggers what say you?.:roll::rant::confused:

I concur.

Angel.

I really don't understand all the pussyfooting about either. So what if a robust protection of shipping upsets someone in government in Somalia!!!!!!....What are they gonna do to us?....What could they do!..Naff all...that's what! :rant:

the problem with that is more people could get killed on the tankers ..if they get fired on they'll fire back plus they can be pretty well armed with rpg's and ak's..they're also very good at getting on board under cover of darkness.and a tanker is a huge ship to police.

the best method would be to make it legal for the warships to sink the mother ships most of them operate from.

Some tankers are now carrying armed guards. The problem with that is that if overwhelmed the crew is likely to be killed immediately instead of ransomed.

The UK couple captured were not 'in front of one of our warships'.

I really don't understand all the pussyfooting about either. So what if a robust protection of shipping upsets someone in government in Somalia!!!!!!....What are they gonna do to us?....What could they do!..Naff all...that's what! :rant:

There is no government in the parts of Somalia where this is a problem.

Archived