Perhaps "alternative" is the wrong word then

it sounds good to me.

I mean there are great things about capitalism. competition is great, it forces people to up their game. that's what I like about the real ale.scene in sheff. obviously the brewers are competing but It's w lot more friendly. it forces you to do better.

Absolutely, we don't want to lose that. I like the individualism of a vibrant market economy - (relatively) free to pursue one's own desired level of wealth and success. What interests me about where we go from here is how much of that individualism will be affected by proposed changes and how necessary are any compromises and sacrifices we would have to make to individual liberty in order to secure a sustainable future?

it could work under the current system. it just needs investment. you need some billionaires that don't need any more money and want to change the world.

if you were set up as a co op, or not for profit, you should have a lot of instant advantages.

the bottom line isn't everything should make you competative, good stakeholder relationship can bring a productive workforce, brand loyalty, good supplier relations, etc.

basically I need to win euromillions and set up my not for profit investment fund.

you come to me for a loan and if your idea has merit you get the money and sign up to a charter.

pay your staff fairly, same with suppliers. put a small % back into the fund if you are successfully, stuff like that. I haven't worked out all the finer details yet.

this fund would have been better than bailing out the banks and would be boosting the economy.

Archived