Labour supporters - Is Ed Milliband the right man for the job

Where do sockpuppets get their suspect info from?

When you go fishing for idiots you can catch one every time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mary-ann-sieghart/mary-ann-sieghart-what-happens-when-even-your-supporters-dont-believe-in-you-6290193.html

If you were prepared to tell pollsters you were a Labour supporter, the chances are you'd say you supported its leader too, right? Well, buried in the interstices of a YouGov poll for the Sunday Times yesterday, and not even mentioned in the paper, is an extraordinary figure. Only 16 per cent of Labour supporters agree that: "Ed Miliband has the right policies and also looks and sounds like a possible Prime Minister." A staggering 59 per cent like his policies but say they can't imagine him in Number 10. And a further 11 per cent don't like his policies and can't see him as Prime Minister either. That's 70 per cent of Miliband's own followers who don't believe in him.

What a way to start a new year! A member of his Shadow Cabinet says, in mitigation, "These are the dark hours – it's the three-o'clock-in-the-morning stage of opposition." Well, Miliband had better buck himself up before dawn or he may never have the chance to get out of bed. For even among Labour voters, his brother David has nearly three times as much support on the question of who'd make the best party leader.

One of Ed Milliband's biggest failings is his blandness - his inability to describe his philosophy, values and direction.

It's one thing to oppose the status quo and quite another to say what you'd put in it's place.

I agree with an earlier poster - Labour aren't attempting to be much more than "Tory-lite".

Ed's speech yesterday about irresponsible capitalism mentioned the rigged energy market, train companies ripping people off and exorbitant bank charges.

These may be issues, but I can't help feeling he's not even beginning to see the bigger picture let alone define a new way forward for the country as a whole.

Sorry Ed, I don't care how much confidence you claim to have, you don't inspire me with confidence.

Archived